Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] When range limits payload, choose which seats to block  (Read 738 times)

Offline jezbanks

• Members

The person who likes this post:
[-] When range limits payload, choose which seats to block
« on: April 14, 2018, 04:08:26 PM »
I run two cabin aircraft and on some marginal routes I can only have 80% of my seats available due to payload.

However I always have 100% of my business class seats available and on some routes there is no demand. I don't want to reconfigure the aircraft for one route but why cannot I choose to block all my C class seats (which no one will buy even at below Y class price which is in itself a bit nuts) to have extra Y class seats which I can actually sell?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 06:24:10 PM by Sami »

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

Re: When range limits payload, choose which seats to block
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 04:21:10 PM »
Already asked for, as well as assigning useless (0 demand) C seats to Y class, and F seats to C class.
Awaiting approval.

Offline jezbanks

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 04:33:11 PM »
Cool

I did look through recent requests but I couldn't see it

Online schro

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 05:25:07 PM »
This was a design decision made a very long time ago to start by restricting the least valuble class of service...

Cool

I did look through recent requests but I couldn't see it

It's not a recent request ;-)

Offline jezbanks

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 06:09:54 PM »
So there isn't a change pending as posted above?

Why can't we choose, or by dropping the price to the same as Y get pax in seats
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 06:19:29 PM by jezbanks »

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 06:14:52 PM »
Well, let's say it has been re-asked recently.
(lazy about finding the thread - do it yourself ;D)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 06:23:50 PM »
Deliberate choice; system limits the "cheapest" class. No changes to this planned.

Offline jezbanks

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 06:54:34 PM »
Deliberate choice; system limits the "cheapest" class. No changes to this planned.

Why? I mean what is the logic?
Is it meant as a penalty? Also, why wont Y class passengers book C class seats if the C class fare is less than the Y class fare? perhaps you dont want to give blocking choice but the latter just doesn't make sense

Online JumboShrimp

• Members

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 08:13:34 PM »

It would make sense if there was a way for system to automatically upgrade Y passengers to C.

For example if the route has 120 Y pax demand, the aircraft has 120 seats, of which 110 are Y, 10 are C, the aircraft will always fly 10 empty seats, and depending on payload limits, will have 100% LF on remaining Y seats and leave pax behind.

Adding a flag here and there to address small parts of this issue may not be the best idea though.  I think the system should do most of the work automatically, without player intervention, without having to set, re-evaluate, reset these flags on 1000s of flights throughout the game is probably not the best idea.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 09:40:13 AM »
(.../...)Adding a flag here and there to address small parts of this issue may not be the best idea though.  I think the system should do most of the work automatically, without player intervention, without having to set, re-evaluate, reset these flags on 1000s of flights throughout the game is probably not the best idea.

This. 1000 times this. The best user interface is often no user interface at all, and it's a case where this rule would apply perfectly. It's costlier to set up a A148 to 65-4 than to 70-0, but once done, if one of the flights has no business demand whatsoever, then 4 pax should be lucky each flight, and get a business seat for an economy price. Problem solved. I have only 69 seats, instead of 70, and I paid more for those, but people who want to fly can fly as long as some seats are free.

Offline Luperco

• Members

The 4 people who like this post:
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 08:36:10 AM »
It would make sense if there was a way for system to automatically upgrade Y passengers to C.

For example if the route has 120 Y pax demand, the aircraft has 120 seats, of which 110 are Y, 10 are C, the aircraft will always fly 10 empty seats, and depending on payload limits, will have 100% LF on remaining Y seats and leave pax behind.

Adding a flag here and there to address small parts of this issue may not be the best idea though.  I think the system should do most of the work automatically, without player intervention, without having to set, re-evaluate, reset these flags on 1000s of flights throughout the game is probably not the best idea.

I agree. An automatic system that upgrade passengers to upper classes if needed, would be very useful, realistic and desirable. Would allow more flexible strategies with less micromanagement for the players, in my opinion.
Saluti
Emanuele

Offline alexgv1

• Members

Re: [-] When range limits payload, choose which seats to block
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 11:06:09 AM »
With reference to this request, I think this would be the best solution to a few problems. Most airlines would price not to have too many empty seats, or at least an empty class on a flight. You could see this as a way or representing the flexible cabin curtain some European airlines have on narrow bodies to separate Y and C class. You configure the maximum C cabin needed for the series of flights and it is sold as C and Y tickets dependant on demand, allowing one configuration to fly several routes with variable premium demand. Selling F seats as C also follows the same logic as airline upgrades because the First class seat being occupied means another Business class seat can be sold.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.