Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: BAe 146-200s Needed  (Read 83 times)

Offline TrainNutter_OFL

• Members
BAe 146-200s Needed
« on: April 05, 2018, 05:51:00 PM »
Hi,
flyCity are requesting British Aerospace BAe 146-200s to lease for operations.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: BAe 146-200s Needed
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 08:14:30 AM »
Once again, a brand new company as yours would be more efficient with leasing older, cheaper birds. Especially as fuel costs will be low for quite a number of years. BAEs are still new, and priced like state-of-the-art airplanes. That's why they are nowhere to be found on the UM.

For a HQ like yours where 75% of traffick is UK internal, you don't need lon range at all. Your current F50s actually do the job - though they are slightly overpriced, too. But not as much as the BAEs. And the commonality costs mean that you need much more than you have before opening a second fleet group. You should begin with covering everything you can with F50s; and only once you're full, begin to think about a second fleet group(or a second base, though I don't know if there is a lot of place in the UK for that).

Ideally, on such a market, you'd have began with old F27s. Slightly inferior to F50s, of course, but still very cheap to fly, and not that costly in terms of maintenance, even old. 15-20 years old airframes, leased up to before the next D-Check, or even the next C-Check if you like micromanagement. Much lower costs, for a healthier start. But now that you've started with F50s, you're prisoner of them for some time.

DH7C are a possible choice, too. Their range is lower, but a great number of them are very cheap on the used market. Or HS748, or viscount. The rest is either unadapted to your needs, or too costly. I'm not sure for the VFW614, I don't know this machine well, but its speed and range are not impressive for a jet.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.