Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] YQ - Fuel Surcharge option  (Read 471 times)

Offline Vin

• Members

The person who likes this post:
[-] YQ - Fuel Surcharge option
« on: March 07, 2018, 04:31:55 AM »
Airlines use it in real world to have their fare to include a YQ component that increases or decreases based on fuel prices.

The YQ feature can be optional and the limits can be set

Food for thought.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 02:00:13 PM by Sami »

Offline Zobelle

• Members
Re: YQ - Fuel Surcharge option
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 05:17:41 AM »
I’d like to add to your request and ask for baggage charges as well. Since cargo is an important component now, every passenger bag we carry is less cargo able to be carried.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 06:47:22 AM »
I’d like to add to your request and ask for baggage charges as well. Since cargo is an important component now, every passenger bag we carry is less cargo able to be carried.

What would be the end result?  Or desired end result of the luggage charge?

Because we already have several variables that don't make perceptible difference as far as allocation of passengers, and if the route is oversupplied, the price (lower price of pax minus luggage) does not make any difference either.

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 07:02:01 AM »
We can attract pax with low base fares, and sock them with high baggage fees and fuel surcharges on LH routes!

Offline Vin

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 09:47:00 AM »
Charging for baggage is good in real world but here, i think it is a bit hard to program as you would need to build another database based just on baggage demand for every route and to be used.

Offline George Bush

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 11:14:05 AM »
Charging for baggage is good in real world but here, i think it is a bit hard to program as you would need to build another database based just on baggage demand for every route and to be used.

I believe Sami is already calculating passenger baggage as it bumps cargo.

What would be the end result?  Or desired end result of the luggage charge?

Because we already have several variables that don't make perceptible difference as far as allocation of passengers, and if the route is oversupplied, the price (lower price of pax minus luggage) does not make any difference either.

I think this is similar to the high density seating, but for baggage... If your competitor isn't doing it its probably going to hurt your ridership. On the flip side it will bring in income on uncontested routes.

Offline schro

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 11:53:39 AM »
Fares presented to us are all inclusive of all fees, so yq and baggage fees are technically included in the fares that we set. I don't think this is something that needs to be over complicated....

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 02:38:30 PM »
More options is good.

It’d be good if we could charge or offer ala carte

-Basic Economy
(No checked bags included, no meal/snack, no carry on past a personal item; just a seat wherever we can fit you. If the plane is full, you get bumped.)

-Economy
(No checked bags included, snack and beverage included, one carry on, one personal item; seat selection at check in with option to purchase preferred seating.)

-Premium Economy
(One checked bag domestic, Two for international, meal and beverage included. one carry on, one personal item; seat selection from preferred seating at point of sale.)

-Business and First
(Two checked bags domestic, three for international, meal(s) and beverage included. two carry on, personal item(s); seat selection at point of sale.)

Add a sliding YQ charge for each class and you can pretty much print money. If someone else wants to do without and run themselves into the ground that’s on them.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 02:41:10 PM by Zobelle »

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 03:45:59 PM »
More options become unplayable because results are unreadable.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 02:00:09 PM »
Ticket price is modelled as a single value that includes all fees. For the sake of simplicity.

In the future the possibility of better modelling the "low cost" operations is needed though. (but that is a different story/thread)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.