Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Give more details when opening a route with a stopover at a curfewed airport  (Read 631 times)

Offline Delta

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:

I think there is a frustrating problem when one tries to open a new route with a tech stop (refuelling) at a curfewed airport (not open 24h a day).

There is currently no way to know at what time the aircraft will arrive and depart at the stopover airport, thus it is impossible to know if the route creation will succeed or not until we click the confirm button, which results in two possibilities:
1/ Route created,
2/ Route not created, get the "stopover airport closed" error message and you have to try again.

Creating an optimized 7-day schedule with such routes must be very hard, to say the least.

I know a simple solution alternative would be to chose an other airport, but for example, in the Azores (ideally located for a tech stop in the North Atlantic Ocean) all airports have a curfew.

I suggest that the arrival and departure times at the stopover airport be calculated and displayed in the "scheduled times" tab, and be highlighted in some way if incompatible with the curfew, so that we have a chance to rectify the departure time at base airport without getting the error message.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 07:56:26 AM by Sami »

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
There is one way: plan a route to the tech-stop airport, set the same departure time, check the timing.
Then for the return leg, set the arrival time to be the same than the one at your base and check the timing again.

However, when coming to 2 tech-stops this can't work as you can't check timings between 2 airports where you don't have a base.

Anyway, I completely agree that this is just painful (got at least 4 tabs at the same time for a single route, takes centuries to schedule) while this could be solved really easily.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
With the advent of cargo that does not fear tech stops, it's getting urgent.

Offline paddk989

• Members
With the advent of cargo that does not fear tech stops.

I read that cargo does not like to wait. Is there no penalty for a cargo flight using a tech stop.

Offline Samuel M.

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
Actually, there is a way to see arrival and departure times at stopover airport:

Offline 11Air

• Members
Nice solution but does that stop-over really  need 2 hours?

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
Actually, there is a way to see arrival and departure times at stopover airport:

Oops, my bad.
Still ain't very practical, but at least that's one less tab.
Thanks!

Nice solution but does that stop-over really  need 2 hours?

Look at what plane was chose in the example, and what is its "normal" (not tech-stop) TaT...

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members
Tech stops are always made at minimum TA times, so don't worry about the 120 mins you set as default. Unless 120 min is already the AC's minimum turnaround time, then you must set a much longer TA, but the tech stops' TA won't be affected.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 11:49:25 AM by wilian.souza2 »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.