Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Airport Slots  (Read 250 times)

Offline Ali hill

• Members
Airport Slots
« on: February 12, 2018, 09:35:00 PM »
hey guys, just a quick question for ya in hoping someone can help me out.

so i was trying to be pro-active and started planning my routes and getting them ready to assign to an aircraft that i have been saving to buy.

now the rookie mistake i made was i forgot to check the "dont buy slots" box. so as it happens i have stupidly spent close to 8mil on slots that i dont need and have no available a/c to fly. after reading the manual i notice that i cant sell the slots back, but if they are unused they will be released back to the public pool. my question is.........

can i get any money back for the slots when this happens if the route was never flown or slot used. if not then it is a very expensive 8 mil mistake i will never make again.

cheers
ali

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
Re: Airport Slots
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 09:41:57 PM »
Slots are "non-refundable".

What you could do is assign temporarily (1 full game week) some other aircraft for the routes, and then switch it back so it won't lose the slots of the original routes

Offline Ali hill

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 09:46:17 PM »
hi sami,

thanks for that, i kinda thought that would be the case, i suppose i was just hopeful that i was missing something haha after all the hard work and saving to see it all go so quick from such a silly mistake was a bitter pill to swallow haha.

never mind loads of time left in the game yet. thanks for the bad news anyway haha.

take it easy
Ali

Offline MidWorld

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 10:10:07 PM »
I had that happen to me some time ago. I just took the planes from other routes and made them fly the new routes for a couple of game weeks. That extended the life of my slots by 2 months, allowing me to get the fleet I needed.

Offline Ali hill

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 04:04:18 AM »
Hey midworld,

I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me that's done it, however I'm also sorry to hear it happened to you also, it really was depressing to see my cash balance so low haha.

Anyway I certainly will not be making that mistake again.

Offline mpkossen

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 10:25:35 AM »
Yeah, that sucks. I've made this mistake plenty of times. I know never buy slots until I am 100% happy with my scheduling and have an aircraft to assign to the route. Saves you a lot of money.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.