Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fuel Cost  (Read 565 times)

Offline bhuvarin

• Members
Fuel Cost
« on: February 06, 2018, 03:58:46 PM »
 :) Can anyone tell me about in what way to manage to fuel price? :-\ :-\ :-\

Thank you... :laugh:

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: Fuel Cost
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 05:57:32 PM »
basically, you don't.

You can bet on future prices by hedging, up to 12 months, but that's risky. In previous GW3, Fuel price was at 1000$, and raising. I was still profitable, unlike most companies. I hedged for 12 months. Prices did fall. I estimated my losses at 1.3B$

You can also take contracts, but their effect is marginal at best.

Offline reedme

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 08:34:57 PM »
Iím feeling pretty good I hedged for 12 months when it hit 323 usd early June and itís now 550 and predicting to fall again thatís a pretty good hedge that has paid off in spades

Offline reedme

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 08:51:43 PM »

Offline bhuvarin

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 02:27:41 AM »
One of my thought is that if I do contract with fuel company that can guarantee the price with discount 4-7% meanwhile i have to pay off about 100k - 400k per month for the contract, is it reasonable? :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline reedme

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 03:28:58 AM »
One of my thought is that if I do contract with fuel company that can guarantee the price with discount 4-7% meanwhile i have to pay off about 100k - 400k per month for the contract, is it reasonable? :-[ :-[ :-[

If Iím not mistaken contracts only apply on the trip from your base and are a percentage  off market price for that trip

They only really become worth it if you get a good rate with a relatively low fee and you have a large number of planes at that base that burn a lot of fuel

Beware though the costs of the contracts offered increases as you grow

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 07:25:07 AM »
Absolutely. Fuel contracts have a really marginal effect, and apply only to the outbound leg. So they are only worth it if their fee is inferior to the % saved calculated on 50% of your fuel in the said base.

And you'll see that it becomes interesting only in large bases (I got 7 bases in GW#2, but only 3 have a fuel contract).

Offline lpopa93

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 05:27:07 PM »
Effect might be marginal, but it's something. I accepted a contract for 7% off for 140k a few game months after I started in GW3. I am saving about 1.4 million a month. Every saving you make might have a huge effect when costs skyrocket...

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 07:35:47 PM »
I don't deny this, but in the usual conditions it's almost worthless.
And above all, not worth doing in every base

-> not an automatic thing.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.