Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Make it more realistic.  (Read 235 times)

Offline Mickey

• Members
Make it more realistic.
« on: February 03, 2018, 11:10:23 PM »
In my world of working at an airport, this is what i see in this game that could need some tweaking to get more realistic:

Turn around times:
My record is 12 minutes to turn around a B737-800 with 186 pax inn and out. Normally i use between 20 and 25 minutes.  Airlines demand using front and rear entrance during deboarding and boarding. So having 70 minutes in game to have less than 1% delay is quite off.
Game need an option to rent ground service or having their own ground service. Like, if i have 5 bases, i have My own airline ground service agents, but at destination airports, i'm renting ground service from handling agents. Kind of like the fuel providers contracts.
 -For further future: implement negotiations of contracts-

Routing/Scheduling:
In Beginners world 2, i got approx 150 Aircrafts spread out on 5 bases. Average 30 Aircraft at each base. Where are they parking? There is no way any airline could have that many Aircraft parked at a stand/gate ready to depart between 06 and 09 in the morning at one airport.
At my airport, there is Airlines, that don't have a base here,but they do nightstops. I want to see this option in scheduling in the future to have an A/C to nightstop outside the base. I know it's possible to increase the turnaround time, but it just looks like the crew just had a 6 hour coffee break.

Online Zobelle

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Make it more realistic.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 04:10:24 AM »
Would love to see A check allowed at destination airport for those super long turn times

Offline drhyed (Crash Airline)

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 05:39:41 PM »
My record is 12 minutes to turn around a B737-800 with 186 pax inn and out. 

Are you telling me that it wouldn't take 140-160 minutes to load/unload and fuel a 140-160 seat aircraft??? Thats AWS heresy! Next thing you know you'll ask for realistic aircraft ranges and fuel burn...

Заказы нашей компании авиационным заводам СССР поддерживают экономику супердержавы с 1950 года.

Offline Mickey

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 07:22:29 PM »

Are you telling me that it wouldn't take 140-160 minutes to load/unload and fuel a 140-160 seat aircraft??? Thats AWS heresy! Next thing you know you'll ask for realistic aircraft ranges and fuel burn...

Why is that heresy?
Scheduled turnaround times at my airport:
Airline 1: E175/E190 = 30 minutes.
Airline 2: B737-300/400/500/600/700/800 = 25-35 minutes.
Airline 3: A321-200 = 35 minutes.
Airline 4: A330-200/300 = 50min.
Airline 5: Dash8 Q100/200/400 = 15 to 20 minutes

Online MikeS

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 09:58:03 PM »
These are really very optimistic turn-around times. Sure, they can be done but only for limited service domestic flights with mostly carry-on luggage and experienced travelers.  A properly cleaned cabin and fully catered galleys, fuel for longer ranges and cargo, then you will need longer times. It also depends on the region.
In some parts of the world, where you have large families with lot's of kids. Boarding and deplaning takes longer, the strollers alone rob you of some precious minutes (it can drive you crazy).
One day, AWS could link the turn around times with the level of service offered and we can have true low cost versus full service competition :)

Cheers!

Online Zobelle

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 07:28:42 PM »
If we wanted to be realistic we can have sliders based on level of service which will influence the TAT required but also the price most will pay per ticket. Add in a cruise speed slider which will influence fuel burn and we have a winner.

Offline Mickey

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 02:19:53 PM »
If we wanted to be realistic we can have sliders based on level of service which will influence the TAT required but also the price most will pay per ticket. Add in a cruise speed slider which will influence fuel burn and we have a winner.

Great idea  :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.