Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Aircraft Conversion In Storage  (Read 1184 times)

[ok] Aircraft Conversion In Storage
« on: January 30, 2018, 01:56:39 PM »
This should be a simple one - consider the following use case:

18 year old plane sitting in storage with expired C/D checks, but may now have new life as a cargo hauler and a conversion is of interest. Currently, to convert that plane to a freighter, one needs to remove from storage (assume a VL size - do a D check and take 80 days) and then convert the plane (another D check plus 100 days). This does not seem reasonable.

I would propose that the conversions can be completed either whole completely in storage, or the act of conversion will pull them out of storage (or both).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 02:48:22 PM by Sami »

Offline Talentz

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
Re: Aircraft Conversion In Storage
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 03:18:00 PM »
Please yes...

This is the main reason I don't have 50+ more 737 classic freighters or why I hadn't bought and stored any DC-10-30 for conversion once Sami announced the DC-10 freighter family to be added.

Perhaps this was a good thing for the other players in GW3, but yeah, this why.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 12:09:42 PM »
Please add it asap!  :)

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 02:42:51 AM »
Is there an ETA on this? From what I saw, we have about a real life week before cargo is added to gw2, so if this isn't getting added in the next couple days, then I need to pay for a d check and conversion to have enough time to get my planes ready for the launch...

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 05:58:14 AM »
I was just about to request this as -70 conversions have just popped up in GW1 and I have hit this problem.  At least one can save the 80 days for the first D-Check by immediately cancelling the check after taking the a/c out of storage, but it's still a HUGE waste of money.

A similar problem occurs when buying an older a/c off the used market for conversion.  One has to wait two weeks for delivery before sending the a/c off for again conversion.  Can conversion also form part of the "Additional Maintenance" box on the Purchase Aircraft page? This also brings up the question - should we re-allow aircraft with expired D-Checks to be on the used market? There must be many a/c ripe for conversion that the owner is currently unable to list.

EDIT:  another problem I just noticed with conversion: The seating configuration is reverted to default on conversion!  I can kind of see the mechanics of why this happens (it becomes a new type and you may not have the correct seating plan set up) but... it just means yet another delay sending the newly converted aircraft off to be reconfigured as it was originally. So maybe "Convert Aircraft" needs to have an option to select a seating plan. For a simple conversion that doesn't change the a/c "size" such as DC-8-61 to DC-8-71, there could be a tick-box to leave the seating configuration unchanged. For one which does, such as a combi-conversion, there needs to be an option define a configuration, like there when purchasing from the new or used market.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 06:14:11 AM by knobbygb »

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 07:25:09 AM »
EDIT:  another problem I just noticed with conversion: The seating configuration is reverted to default on conversion!  I can kind of see the mechanics of why this happens (it becomes a new type and you may not have the correct seating plan set up) but... it just means yet another delay sending the newly converted aircraft off to be reconfigured as it was originally. So maybe "Convert Aircraft" needs to have an option to select a seating plan. For a simple conversion that doesn't change the a/c "size" such as DC-8-61 to DC-8-71, there could be a tick-box to leave the seating configuration unchanged. For one which does, such as a combi-conversion, there needs to be an option define a configuration, like there when purchasing from the new or used market.

"Keep seating" is probably impossible, just per what you stated, different type. However a "select seat config" option, just like when ordering a plane on the UM / from the manufacturer should be made available, sure. So you'd pay for it, but at least it would not be delivered to you uncompleted.

Offline Luperco

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 03:08:51 PM »
i understand the problem behind the seats configuration on converted planes. But would be useful if, at least, the default configuration of the converted aircraft, is the same of the original aircraft.
This should be a much quicker change.

Thanks.
Saluti
Emanuele

Online Zombie Slayer

• Members

The 5 people who like this post:
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 01:56:05 PM »
Bump on this.....would -really- come in handy right now seeing as I remember this post with the note that "It will be added", put a bunch of planes into storage assuming it had been added, and now my planned freighters are rotting with expired D checks and no way to convert them to F models without a 7 month wait and 2 D checks!
Co-founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
PacAir President and CEO
Designated "Tier 1" Opponent

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 4 people who like this post:
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 02:48:19 PM »
Added

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.