Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Airline Startup Page and Alliance Rule Change  (Read 335 times)

Offline Emaw Jones

• Members
[-] Airline Startup Page and Alliance Rule Change
« on: December 17, 2017, 08:32:32 AM »
Feature Request:

I would like to propose that a feature be added to the Airline Start Up construction page.  That a series of three check boxes be placed under a heading "TYPE OF AIRLINE". 

The first check box would be identified as "PAX Only", this will allow a player to take advantage of the belly cargo enhancement as well as to continue running a more traditional passenger service airline.

As for the second box, it should be labelled "MIXED", this would allow a player to not only continue with the PAX game were all familiar with, but allow a player the opportunity to supplant his airlines offering to the public with an enhanced cargo capacity.

Finally for the third box, the obvious "CARGO Only".  Self explanatory of course.

Dependent on the players choice, the access to both Manufacturers and the Used Market would be limited.  So if a PAX only airline was to attempt to purchase a Freighter, it would be disallowed.  Same as for a Cargo airline attempting to purchase a Passenger aircraft.

It is also recommended that the Alliance home basing rules be modified.  If one were to take a cargo routes map and overlay it on a passenger routes map, one would see differences in the structure of the transit mapping.  I give as an example IND in the USA.  I think it's safe to say that since FEDEX built its hub there, more parcels than people utilize that airfield.

The modification would be that an Alliance can have two airlines based in a city provided one of the airlines is CARGO only.

Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:10:52 PM by Sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
Re: Feature Request: Airline Startup Page and Alliance Rule Change
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 05:10:45 PM »
There is no need to limit the airline organization by setting up such a strict "business plan" model. The player/CEO is able to make such choices himself after airline is founded.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.