Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] UI: Route Planning - Add numerical Estimated Cargo Demand  (Read 1192 times)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

The 6 people who like this post:
[ok] UI: Route Planning - Add numerical Estimated Cargo Demand
« on: December 15, 2017, 08:53:07 AM »
Route planning has a numerical: Estimated Passenger Demand

It would be nice to add: Estimated Cargo Demand (using Current, not Potential demand)

Also, the column widths could be slightly adjusted where the figures are to prevent spilling to next line.  Or more precisely, the pie chart seems to demand a lot more width that it really needs.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 03:35:52 PM by Sami »

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: UI: Route Planning - Add numerical Estimated Cargo Demand
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 08:47:21 PM »
I am losing my eye sight trying to read the Cargo Demand figures from the charts (and have resorted to looking at the chart with a magnifying glass).

Can we add these demand figures to the top of the page in text, like the pax figures?

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 06:01:17 AM »
I am losing my eye sight trying to read the Cargo Demand figures from the charts (and have resorted to looking at the chart with a magnifying glass).

Can we add these demand figures to the top of the page in text, like the pax figures?

Agreed, the text on odd colour backgrounds vertical is such a pain to read, and small makes it hard to read the exact number value in tonnage to see what planes are worth sending on the route.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 07:15:12 AM »
Yup, sometimes the leading 1 or 2 digits just happen to be exactly where the top of the chart is and are crossed over by the top of the chart.  Tiny number and no comma separating thousands, it is easy to make mistake that by a factor of 10.

Offline Luperco

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 08:22:00 AM »
That would be a great addition. On touch screen (no mouse, for example tables or phones) is impossible to see the cargo figures.
Saluti
Emanuele

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 12:06:37 AM »
That would be a great addition. On touch screen (no mouse, for example tables or phones) is impossible to see the cargo figures.

I tried to look up the cargo figures on a phone, and it is really a torture of positioning the view, zooming in.

And zooming in is even more cumbersome on a PC, so that I have resorted to a magnifying glass...

Sami, could you add the text values of Current and Potential?  Any kind of bigger re-vamp of this page to give some additional CBD info may take a long time.  In the meantime, we are already playing CBD cargo, in multiple game worlds, and this smallest change would make a lot of difference to people who don't quite have a perfect eye sight.

Offline Luperco

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 11:14:35 AM »
And would be useful also have the amount on the return leg as well. Useful for pax too, but needed for cargo as it is asymmetric.

Thanks
Saluti
Emanuele

Offline NovemberCharlie

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 12:31:21 PM »
And would be useful also have the amount on the return leg as well. Useful for pax too, but needed for cargo as it is asymmetric.

Thanks
https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,76432.msg448908.html#msg448908

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 03:54:50 PM »
I'm glad I mostly play on a 55" screen. I rarely route aircraft from my phone... Sooo out of touch here.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline Talentz

• Members
Re: [ok] UI: Route Planning - Add numerical Estimated Cargo Demand
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 06:10:41 PM »
Awesome!! Thanks Sami  :)

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline NovemberCharlie

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 06:49:38 PM »
Happy that there is some movement in this request, however a return leg cargo estimate would be much appreciated imho....

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 10:38:43 PM »
Thank your Sami!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.