Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Regarding GIF liveries  (Read 453 times)

Offline Vebbe

• Members

The 5 people who like this post:
[-] Regarding GIF liveries
« on: December 11, 2017, 08:02:45 AM »
I love the GIF support with liveries and am using the feature already, but I was still wondering on how heavy it would be for the server to also operate GIFV-files as well as normal GIFs?
GIFV is kinda the same with the exception that they are more or less videos that have no sound and loop forever. They obviously take more storage space but they look less blurry than GIFs. Anyway, great work and love the new feature!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 01:47:21 PM by Sami »
First introduced to AWS in 2009, still working on how to build an airline.

Offline tyteen4a03

• Members
Re: Regarding GIF liveries
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 02:25:50 PM »
I love the GIF support with liveries and am using the feature already, but I was still wondering on how heavy it would be for the server to also operate GIFV-files as well as normal GIFs?
GIFV is kinda the same with the exception that they are more or less videos that have no sound and loop forever. They obviously take more storage space but they look less blurry than GIFs. Anyway, great work and love the new feature!
Actually, since gifs are just a bunch of uncompressed BMPs, gifvs are significantly smaller than gifs.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Regarding GIF liveries
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 10:47:09 PM »
GIFV does not seem to be a standard at this point since it's imgur's own thing and it's basically a MP4 file with M.264 formatted video (https://fileinfo.com/extension/gifv). At this point don't see the benefit yet.

However if the file extension is still GIF the system should accept it normally.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.