Marketing

Started by texan3570, December 03, 2017, 02:01:26 PM

texan3570

Once the 1990s hit in the game world, we should replace the newspaper option with an internet ad option, and when 2007 hits add a new app marketing option or a smartphone advertisement option. Or you can keep the newspaper and add those other two options, it just adds more sense of realism to the game since by the early 2000s no one really reads newspapers anymore.
I think it would also be fun to be able to sponsor sports teams. I know the sports team will require a lot of coding, just an idea for the future.

Delta

The internet ad option already exists, though I don't know what year it begins.
And it does not replace the newspaper option, as people do continue to read newspapers afterwards (believe me).

I agree it would be fun to have more marketing options, though not essential to the gameplay.

wilian.souza2

I think the impact of marketing via internet was very low during the 90's, and it started to gain greater relevance from the 2000s on. On the other hand, the newspapers were relevant until the mid-2000s and has been slowly losing relevance since them. My life experience can tell.

Smartphone advertisements are redundant, since they all fall on the internet category. But I'd like to have an option to sponsor sports events and even cultural events or TV shows, which would be used as a temporary boost for company image. I think it's unreal to keep CI at 100 through permanent, costly campaigns. It's been too easy to achieve...

Cardinal

Event and venue sponsorships would be a great addition. Add a third option beyond "General campaign" and "Route-specific campaign". Call it "Sponsorship campaign" and have two options: Event sponsorships, where you simply give your marketing folks a budget and instructions to find local events in cities you serve to slap the airline's logo on; and "Venue sponsorship", where you instruct your marketing folks to find a sports arena, concert hall, theatre, or other big high-traffic building in one of your base cities to slap the airline's logo on for the specified duration (minimum 1 year).