Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Base Opening North America  (Read 312 times)

Offline nhydra

• Members
[-] Base Opening North America
« on: October 27, 2017, 02:30:18 AM »
I see that when opening a new base in the EU, there are no limitations on staying in the same country. As far as North America goes, we cannot open a base in Mexico or Canada. If you're allowed to expand throughout Europe while staying in the same continent, why can't you make the same choice in North America?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 07:34:22 AM by Sami »

Offline Cardinal

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Base Opening North America
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 04:19:35 AM »
Because the EU has an open skies agreement between the countries. If you play in a game set in an era before the EU existed, you will see the same basing restrictions as the rest of the world. If you HQ in France pre-EU, you are confined to France and its overseas territories until EU Openskies happens.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Base Opening North America
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 07:34:08 AM »
Modelled after real world rules. No changes or made-up non realistic rules planned...

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: [-] Base Opening North America
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 07:58:56 AM »
USA is already big enough like that. Canadian or Mexican players would have far more reasons to ask for this than USA players.

Note that in current GW2, Year is 1966, and I'm locked in Poland until the mid 2000s. It has its drawbacks : one strong opponent, small market. But, at the same time, I'm protected from the big boys in the UK or Germany who could look to Warsaw with interest.. Be careful for what you ask, you might not like it when you get it.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.