Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Airline Information - Aircraft Fleet  (Read 446 times)

Offline LotusAirways

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Airline Information - Aircraft Fleet
« on: October 26, 2017, 09:31:35 AM »
This page could be divided in 3 sections:

- Scheduled fleets
- Un-scheduled fleets
- Museum fleets

The first is self-explanatory; the second is mainly for leased out planes and new fleets not yet scheduled; and the third is the airline museum with old frames from previous eras, where planes can be in store with no age limit.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: Airline Information - Aircraft Fleet
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 09:55:15 AM »
the unscheduled fleet idea I support a lot. If no plane is flown(and therefore there is no commonality costs associated to this fleet type), then it could be a separated section. Would help a lot the company readability.

OTOH, I'm not sure how to make the difference between unscheduled and museum. "previous era" is not an accurate data, and you can see in 2033 people ordering 737 classic.....

Offline LotusAirways

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 11:29:46 AM »
By "Museum" I mean exactly that, planes that cannot be used once allocated to the museum, with perhaps storage cost at zero. In essence, a way for some players to keep one example (or more if they wish) of previous fleets, for instance a Connie, a DC6B, etc.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 11:44:50 AM »
By "Museum" I mean exactly that, planes that cannot be used once allocated to the museum, with perhaps storage cost at zero. In essence, a way for some players to keep one example (or more if they wish) of previous fleets, for instance a Connie, a DC6B, etc.

I get the idea. What I don't get is how it would concretely materialize within the game. Unless you want to create another kind of storage, with a player's decision to move the frame to the museum, but that's probably far more work(uneducated guess, of course, I don't have access to the source code).

Offline Delta

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 07:02:17 PM »
Instead of (or in addition to) the "museum", I suggest a column where we can keep track of all previously owned or flown aircraft, whether they're preserved in a museum, sold or scrapped.

See e.g. the "Historic" column of a planespotters.net page screenshot below:

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.