Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] de Havilland Dove and Heron in the same fleetgroup  (Read 494 times)

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members
[ok] de Havilland Dove and Heron in the same fleetgroup
« on: October 22, 2017, 01:37:04 PM »
Hello again,

After doing a small research on classic airliners, I noticed that the models Dove and Heron by de Havilland share commonality in real life, as the Heron is basically an enlarged version of the Dove, but AWS treats the 2 models in different fleetgroups.

See what Wikipedia shows (Original link - highlights are mine):

The de Havilland DH.114 Heron was a small propeller-driven British airliner that first flew on 10 May 1950. It was a development of the twin-engine de Havilland Dove, with a stretched fuselage and two more engines.

(...)

The fuselage was lengthened to make room for more passengers or freight, and the wingspan was increased to make room for two more engines. The Heron was of all-metal construction, and was laid out as a conventional design; the resulting aircraft could use many of the parts originally designed for the Dove, thus simplifying logistics for airlines using both types.

I think this is important because, in the 60s era, these aircraft are very interesting in small to medium routes with low passenger demand and it's unfair to add commonality costs for airlines operating both models that basically have too much in common.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 03:26:37 PM by Sami »

Offline Zobelle

• Members
Re: de Havilland Dove and Heron in the same fleetgroup
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 11:30:18 PM »
At this, One could argue the same case for the 757 and the 767.

I don't disagree though.

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 01:00:18 AM »
At this, One could argue the same case for the 757 and the 767.

No, because B757 and B767 have different fuselages. That is not the case for the Dove and the Heron... the difference between them are more like the difference between a 767-200 and a 767-400.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:03:25 AM by wilian.souza2 »

Offline Talentz

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 04:49:14 AM »
Sounds reasonable. The Dove cruises a bit a faster then the Heron, so either the dove gets a nerf or the Heron gets a buff... that's for Sami to decide.

Also, perhaps there may be a variant or two of the Dove we could add. Generally, more powerful engines means higher weights...

Interestingly though, is there another fleet group in AWS that has aircraft with a mixed amount of engines? (ie, Dove is 2x and Heron is 4x)

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

The 4 people who like this post:
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 06:52:23 AM »
Well, A330 and 340 have 2x and 4x engines, and are already within the same group, so it could plead for a merging of the Heron and Dove.

Offline seafax

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 08:57:13 AM »
Well, A330 and 340 have 2x and 4x engines, and are already within the same group, so it could plead for a merging of the Heron and Dove.

Great point.  Would make sense for a merge...

Offline MikeS

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 02:11:30 AM »
I support this request too. Same fuselage and engine type. They're an excellent combination for regional operations in early games like GW2.

Cheers!
Mike

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.