GW1 restart options

Started by Sami, October 19, 2017, 07:01:47 PM

bdnascar3

I'd say ,no, keep it as is. In past people leave an old GW to start a new one, so GW2 will go down in participation. But again, as in the past, people will get bored with the new GW and leave. We need to find a way to keep the interest for players to stay full GW. or join an existing GW, which a lot of players are afraid to do because they can't win, not that they can starting in the beginning, but its a perceived feeling.

Zombie Slayer

I am for the mini game and pushing GW3 ing 2018 TBH. Two full games starting two weeks apart is too quick. It would be better to give players a month to get past the start up period in one game before starting another.
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

Tha_Ape

Changed my mind after reading the 2 comments above.
While what I said was well intentioned, it was maybe a bit hasty (that will to "spread" players).
The proposition of Zombieslayer seems fairly good, and it doesn't contradicts bdnascar's one.

[ATA] Sunbao

Quote from: ZombieSlayer on November 20, 2017, 11:21:07 PM
I am for the mini game and pushing GW3 ing 2018 TBH. Two full games starting two weeks apart is too quick. It would be better to give players a month to get past the start up period in one game before starting another.

Agreed but imo gw 3 should start before gw2 now we will have gw1 and 2 playing with a few years span, and not offering any modern time scenarios atm. Now we get people into two early worlds most will be in both, but when modern times then start people will bk big time joining there as they recon gw1 and gw2 is more or less same time stage.

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: [ATA] Sunbao on November 21, 2017, 12:16:06 AM
Agreed but imo gw 3 should start before gw2 now we will have gw1 and 2 playing with a few years span, and not offering any modern time scenarios atm. Now we get people into two early worlds most will be in both, but when modern times then start people will bk big time joining there as they recon gw1 and gw2 is more or less same time stage.

I agree, starting GW3 first would make more sense if it were an option with Gw2 already announced and taking pre registration (sami?)
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

[ATA] Sunbao

Quote from: ZombieSlayer on November 21, 2017, 01:51:27 AM
I agree, starting GW3 first would make more sense if it were an option with Gw2 already announced and taking pre registration (sami?)

yeah probally not an option, but yes would make more sense, and also offer players a better spectra of worlds. first you done dc10 in gw1 then a month later you do same in gw2, sure not optimal.

Talentz

Quote from: [ATA] Sunbao on November 21, 2017, 01:58:42 AM
yeah probally not an option, but yes would make more sense, and also offer players a better spectra of worlds. first you done dc10 in gw1 then a month later you do same in gw2, sure not optimal.

Were forgetting that the next GW will feature CBD-Cargo; Currently, the majority of freighter and combi aircraft favor the 50/60/early 70s era. Advertising a cargo game and then launching it a lack of modern day diversity will drive Sami mad with "why isn't A3XXX freighter/combi in the game blah blah blah ~~~"

Original schedule works better and an early Jan 2018 GW3 - with a greater selection of aircraft to compliment the era will work best. This gives Sami enough time to work through any bug/feature requests that pop for GW2 and additional time to add aircraft data/tweaks to the DB.

Talentz

Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Helix

Perhaps GW3 could launch with CBD for passengers if there are no major hiccups in GW1? If that one launches in Jan'18 it will still give some time for development/observing, unless of course we are nowhere near seeing that feature...

MuzhikRB

Quote from: [ATA] Sunbao on November 21, 2017, 12:16:06 AM

i fully agree

it will be only 5  years different between gw1 and gw2. better to postpone one month and start GW3 first.

additionally some mini game with cargo could be started to optimize some features, that will be helpful in terms of long gw.

nothing bad with postponing i think. it better that start a mess.

yearofthecactus

Disagree.

From a personal point of view, GW3 really doesn't interest me, for me it's about the long games only.

From an alliance perspective, planning has been in place for weeks now to recruit and organise the logisitics; and I know that's true for Elite as well, and presumably all the others. To switch at this late stage to an alternating plan would effectively ruin all that groundwork, and also the anticipation of the new features in the game world from the beginning.

[ATA] Sunbao

Quote from: yearofthecactus on November 22, 2017, 12:30:19 AM
Disagree.

From a personal point of view, GW3 really doesn't interest me, for me it's about the long games only.

From an alliance perspective, planning has been in place for weeks now to recruit and organise the logisitics; and I know that's true for Elite as well, and presumably all the others. To switch at this late stage to an alternating plan would effectively ruin all that groundwork, and also the anticipation of the new features in the game world from the beginning.

your own members sure don't agree with you at least not those spending time on responding in here.

And well sure there has been planning but to switch to later start date would not make any major changes to the stuff already planned.
Starting gw2 now, will just kill gw1 faster nah im doing bad, nah i want to have cargo, nah want to be with all others.
I really fear gw1 will loose so much extra players then usual as people want to try cargo specially when the world is so few years apart.

gazzz0x2z

Well, GW1 seems already set up on Sami's side, trying to alter it now seems unreasonable to me.

GW3, OTOH, may be negotiated. I'll be part of it, of course, in Algiers this time, if my alliance agrees, and have no opinion on when it should start. I'd just like to point out that for players involved in both GW1 & GW2, having 2 game start to manage at the same time might be really a no-go. But that's just the opinion of someone not concerned. I'll start GW3 full speed, not being annoyed by the aftermath of the GW1 start.

yearofthecactus

Quote from: [ATA] Sunbao on November 22, 2017, 02:55:55 AM
your own members sure don't agree with you at least not those spending time on responding in here.

You don't know what/who I'm talking about! Alas, "my own members", and Elite are different entities on this one.

I do think that given the time frames, and the fact cargo wasn't ready earlier, Sami should have restarted this GW1 in 1950, and then made the next one 1965. Alas,
that hasn't happened.

My issue isn't the world is starting on Friday; I think it should. My issue is that the world is starting in 1965 and not 1950, given the current gameworld 2 time frame. It would surely be nice given it's the very first cargo world to go from the beginning in all honesty.

fark24

I agree with several previous comments regarding the not so great timing being proposed for the upcoming game worlds.

I for one will not be participating in GW1 because the launch takes place at a very bad time for many US players (Thanksgiving). Made comically worse that the specific date is on "Black Friday".

If the next game world launched in mid-December then I will likewise not participate given it would occur during the run-up for the Christmas holidays.

I'm all for a major game world launch in early 2018 however. As was mentioned previously, there should be a break (I'd say at least 6-8 weeks) between major game worlds for those that want to play two at a time and not be overburdened. A minor "challenge" game world could fill in the time between if need be.

Elladan

GW4 will finish in 30 days - just before Christmas. With GW1, GW3, GW4 and potentially a smaller scenario there will be no shortage of worlds to jump on in the near future.

yearofthecactus

I would say Thanksgiving shouldn't play a big negative role. Firstly, because actually there is nothing much to do on day one. It's a 24 hour grind where literally nothing can be done, and the rest of the first days are at a weekend, so we're not talking here about putting lots of peoples noses out of joint.

Secondly, whilst people not joining because they don't like the timetable is fair, the game-world by all measures so far looks like it may be over-subscribed. In that regard, not joining is unlikely to deter Sami - why would it. If not joining means someone else gets an opportunity, there's no cumulative negative effect.

As Rad pointed out above, GW3 and GW4 will both restart in the upcoming few weeks. Loads of opportunities to join new game worlds, and continue to focus on the new ones.

[SC] - King Kong

Quote from: yearofthecactus on November 23, 2017, 11:43:18 AM
I would say Thanksgiving shouldn't play a big negative role. Firstly, because actually there is nothing much to do on day one. It's a 24 hour grind where literally nothing can be done, and the rest of the first days are at a weekend, so we're not talking here about putting lots of peoples noses out of joint.

Secondly, whilst people not joining because they don't like the timetable is fair, the game-world by all measures so far looks like it may be over-subscribed. In that regard, not joining is unlikely to deter Sami - why would it. If not joining means someone else gets an opportunity, there's no cumulative negative effect.

As Rad pointed out above, GW3 and GW4 will both restart in the upcoming few weeks. Loads of opportunities to join new game worlds, and continue to focus on the new ones.

What is thanksgiving....

Zobelle

Jake

Quote from: Zobelle on November 23, 2017, 06:04:33 PM
That whole worldwide game thing... LOL.
Thanksgiving is a worldwide thing? Since when?
CityLink Express: Discover More, Discover Asia

Zobelle

Quote from: Japanese Commuter on November 23, 2017, 06:08:03 PM
Thanksgiving is a worldwide thing? Since when?

I meant that people forget that this game is played worldwide.

Thanksgiving isn't global.