Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Fuel price for piston aircrafts  (Read 364 times)

Offline qunow

• Members
[-] Fuel price for piston aircrafts
« on: October 04, 2017, 12:36:47 AM »
In my knowledge, most piston aircrafts from Constellations to modern light aircrafts use gasoline as oppose to kerosene fuel. Should there be another set of fuel price for these aircrafts that are not using Jet A?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 06:36:50 PM by Sami »

Offline freshmore

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Fuel price for piston aircrafts.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 01:07:28 AM »
It's unnecessary, piston aircraft made way for turboprops in the 60's so a splitting fuel makes very little sense for the remaining years in the game. So Avgas would become redundant. I can't name a piston aircraft in the game off the top of my head after the 50's/60's.

If you were to add both fuels, the logical step to make at the same time would be to model which airports have which fuel and the fact that Avgas is much harder to find these days compared to the past.

The other reason apart from simplicity is simply oil prices, both are made from the same raw product, I would therefore expect prices to not be that different and any  rises are the same for each, broadly speaking. So it doesn't make sense to complicate the game this way.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Fuel price for piston aircrafts.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 06:36:43 PM »
No plans to add 100LL/piston fuel price factors

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.