Empire down... how?

Started by wilian.souza2, October 03, 2017, 12:21:35 AM

wilian.souza2

There's a bizarre thing happening in BW2 which I play, there's one airliner wich haven't been picking up any passenger for almost 2 years! I wonder how can an airline end up in such a situation... as it's definitely not an airline set up automatically to new players!

dagwood

if the airline had no airplanes, it only has a very limited expense. Initial capital will keep it going for quite some time

wilian.souza2

But it's an airline with 70 airplanes and 4 base airports.... And ZERO passengers picked up since July 2021!

dagwood

what do you mean by 0 passengers picked up?  Please go to the statistics for the airline, go to the load factor and read that. If it is zero, then this should be a question for Sami or Gazz. If there is a load factor, then that means the airplanes are flying with passengers.

dagwood

To find statistics, go to the dashboard tab,then the second selection is statistics.
You can also go to the dashboard tab, and use the search airlines, and type in the name of the airline you are looking for.  You will find all of the stats for the airline there.

hambot

Quote from: dagwood on October 03, 2017, 01:51:45 PM
what do you mean by 0 passengers picked up?  Please go to the statistics for the airline, go to the load factor and read that. If it is zero, then this should be a question for Sami or Gazz. If there is a load factor, then that means the airplanes are flying with passengers.

Their load factor is 0%. They have transported zero passengers since July 2021, and they've had zero revenue for four quarters straight.

wilian.souza2

Quote from: hambot on October 03, 2017, 09:26:04 PM
Their load factor is 0%. They have transported zero passengers since July 2021, and they've had zero revenue for four quarters straight.

That's it! It's hard to believe, but it's true!

dagwood

I am totally surprised.  Can you take a screen shot of that airline since I am not playing that game?  The screen shots would be from the first page when you look up the airline. This is the page with the financials. 

MuzhikRB

staff is on strike

but still has cash to run

nothing new

dagwood

I never saw a staff go on strike. Does it happen often?
Since it was mid September when the owner last logged in, I can imagine that he had automatic staff settings turned off, got some new planes and not enough staff, so they went on strike. And he had enough cash to keep the airline going but no staff to fly the planes. It does make sense.  Thank you for the suggestion.  There is just so much to learn when playing the game ;D

wilian.souza2

Quote from: dagwood on October 04, 2017, 01:19:08 AM
I am totally surprised.  Can you take a screen shot of that airline since I am not playing that game?  The screen shots would be from the first page when you look up the airline. This is the page with the financials.

As you see, it has planes, it has flights... but no passengers at all!

wilian.souza2

Quote from: dagwood on October 04, 2017, 04:18:17 PM
Since it was mid September when the owner last logged in, I can imagine that he had automatic staff settings turned off, got some new planes and not enough staff, so they went on strike. And he had enough cash to keep the airline going but no staff to fly the planes

So how can he have operating expenses if nobody's working on the company, since they're on strike? (how a strike!)

dagwood

He would have rent, insurance, aircraft leases, loan repayments, and things like that.

wilian.souza2

Yeah, it makes sense.

And now it's official:

Empire has been put into bankruptcy today due to poor financial state. Due to the big debts of the airline the bank has taken over the operations today and closed down the airline. All operations of this airline are ceased, all staff will be fired, and all assets and aircraft are returned to their owners or to creditors.

Empire had a fleet of 59 aircraft in operation at the time of the closure.

Base airports of this airline were:
Oslo Gardermoen (ENGM / OSL)
Bergen (ENBR / BGO)
Tromsø (ENTC / TOS)
Trondheim (ENVA / TRD)

That was a real nosedive!