Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Oversupply for routes with big demand differences  (Read 334 times)

Offline freshmore

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Oversupply for routes with big demand differences
« on: September 24, 2017, 12:14:25 AM »
https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,73481.0.html

In an effort to come up with a solution to problems like this one above. I thought I'd offer a solution.

One solution to the above is to make Seat blocking individual for both ways. Personally this option is pretty messy, as for the vast majority of cases where we all block seats, this doubles the work required.

The solution I propose is for routes where demand on one leg is more that 2x (or 200% demand of the smaller leg) larger than the other, the systems only takes into account the larger route when applying an oversupply warning. Therefore, eliminating the warning for the smaller route, while allowing full capacity on the larger route.
E.g 50 and 100 demand each way. The oversupply warning would trigger at 200 based on the second leg.
75 and 100 demand each way, the oversupply warning would trigger at 150 based on the lowest leg.

Offline Talentz

• Members
Re: Ability to adjust capacity on a per leg basis
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 10:30:36 PM »
Sami, we should be able to adjust capacity on a per leg basis. As the new CBD continues on, this issue will grow beyond the mostly annoying issue it is today.

Is it possible for you to modified the routing system to allow this?

Also, another question:

Will "Combi" aircraft be able to go into "freighter mode" when selecting the "cargo only" option in the route planning screen?

I feel this would be a critical issue for players who operate Combi capable aircraft and would allow better realism of airline ops.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Groupô - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline qunow

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 09:26:00 AM »
Sami, we should be able to adjust capacity on a per leg basis. As the new CBD continues on, this issue will grow beyond the mostly annoying issue it is today.

Is it possible for you to modified the routing system to allow this?

Also, another question:

Will "Combi" aircraft be able to go into "freighter mode" when selecting the "cargo only" option in the route planning screen?

I feel this would be a critical issue for players who operate Combi capable aircraft and would allow better realism of airline ops.

Talentz
I believe it take quite a bit of time to convert a combi aircraft into cargo only aircraft so i doubt you can do that in one turnaround.

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 06:54:49 PM »
I believe it take quite a bit of time to convert a combi aircraft into cargo only aircraft so i doubt you can do that in one turnaround.

In real life this is true, as it can take hours to do so. This is why I raised the question. Currently in AWS, Combi aircraft are hard coded in there seating arrangement. You can't choose your own seating configuration, your limited to the options that aircraft has for you.

So, in raising the question, its really a matter of how effective Combi aircraft are to be in AWS. The flexibility in changing to freighter mode at outstations would be a huge advantage to operators/players. Making Combi aircraft important in operations. But is it truly realistic? ;)

Or if Sami chooses not to open that door, then perhaps when creating a new route and selecting cargo mode, the Combi aircraft has to remain in cargo mode for the duration of the route. While this too is not that realistic in RL, it would serve as a good balance between the flexibility offered by Combi ops.

This furthers down the road when selecting fleet groups for your airline in the new CBD system. Fleet groups with Combi and freighters (production) will be valued more for there greater flexibility in airline ops. Or will they?

So, yeah, I just wanted to bring up a minor question/point  :laugh:

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Groupô - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline freshmore

• Members
Re: Oversupply for routes with big demand differences
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 01:18:20 AM »
It's certainly an interesting compromise on how to make Combi aircraft work in the game and how effective and valued they are.

This furthers down the road when selecting fleet groups for your airline in the new CBD system. Fleet groups with Combi and freighters (production) will be valued more for there greater flexibility in airline ops. Or will they?

The other thing that will change how we view aircraft economics. At the moment we take everything in terms of Seat km. But once you open up the Cargo space in the full worlds that becomes an integral part of how you view the economics of that aircraft. You be more looking at total tonnage km (counting the passengers as a weight) to show how the economics work. It will be interesting to see how cargo hold space and passenger capacity combined will affect how we view aircraft for our needs and how we effectively use that we full CBD rollout happens in a main world.

Offline qunow

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 01:23:19 AM »
In real life this is true, as it can take hours to do so. This is why I raised the question. Currently in AWS, Combi aircraft are hard coded in there seating arrangement. You can't choose your own seating configuration, your limited to the options that aircraft has for you.

So, in raising the question, its really a matter of how effective Combi aircraft are to be in AWS. The flexibility in changing to freighter mode at outstations would be a huge advantage to operators/players. Making Combi aircraft important in operations. But is it truly realistic? ;)

Or if Sami chooses not to open that door, then perhaps when creating a new route and selecting cargo mode, the Combi aircraft has to remain in cargo mode for the duration of the route. While this too is not that realistic in RL, it would serve as a good balance between the flexibility offered by Combi ops.

So, yeah, I just wanted to bring up a minor question/point  :laugh:

Talentz
I would instead expect such feature to be available on quick change aircraft although whether it will be implemented in aws is also unknown by us

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.