Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] New game feature, Charter Flights  (Read 465 times)

Offline Michael J Toffman

• Members
[-] New game feature, Charter Flights
« on: September 12, 2017, 01:59:40 PM »
Could we look at adding a feature where the player gets an inbox message saying something like "XYZ Ltd Pty would like to charter a B737-800 from Cairns to Melbourne on XX/XX/XXXX. Please offer them a quote (between $30,000 and $60,000) to win this contract."

Just a thought to make money on A/C with down-time.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 01:03:52 PM by Sami »

Offline qunow

• Members
Re: New game feature, Charter Flights
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 03:41:56 PM »
Downtime? You are not supposed to have downtime for your ac in this game unless MX. At least not until a more flexible way of leasing and scheduling is introduced

DannyWilliams

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 05:05:05 PM »
Downtime? You are not supposed to have downtime for your ac in this game unless MX. At least not until a more flexible way of leasing and scheduling is introduced
The only downtime my aircraft's have is their C/D checks :laugh:

Offline Zobelle

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 05:06:52 PM »
Like positioning flights between bases...  ::)

Offline qunow

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 06:00:47 PM »
Like positioning flights between bases...  ::)
In current system we have teleport gates between airports, and they don't even need to complete the flight they're flying before starting their new career at new airports..

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 06:35:41 PM »
In current system we have teleport gates between airports, and they don't even need to complete the flight they're flying before starting their new career at new airports..

We haven't perfected transporter technology yet in AWS... working on it though.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline freshmore

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 07:19:38 PM »
We also have a 100% safety record, despite news reports to the contrary!

Offline Michael J Toffman

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 08:43:03 AM »
What about an aircraft sitting/waiting to be leased out or bought? Good opportunity to make some good coin on the side. If lots of charter tenders were available, I'd have a plane on the side for this.

Offline Delta

• Members

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 09:40:18 AM »
But is between $30,000 and $60,000 "making a good coin"? Seems like a lot of work just for peanuts to me.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 09:54:26 AM »
But is between $30,000 and $60,000 "making a good coin"? Seems like a lot of work just for peanuts to me.

that's the problem with all those "ideas" to "better use planes" - they are uttery unpractical in the scope of the game. It's already enough micromanagement to make proper standard lines(and we are not even plagued with seasonality).

DannyWilliams

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 11:57:09 AM »
Between $30,000 and $60,000 is like 1/4 of what a 28 seater plane makes in the 60's, so in theory it would be better for me to put it into storage and get rid of some of my commonality cost instead ;)

Offline qunow

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 12:17:10 PM »
that's the problem with all those "ideas" to "better use planes" - they are uttery unpractical in the scope of the game. It's already enough micromanagement to make proper standard lines(and we are not even plagued with seasonality).
At least we aren't implementing DSTs into the game.. Some countries goes DST and others don't so adjustment have to be made every season with respect to time favoured by travelers and curfew.. And that's not taken into account situation that some countries goes into/out of DST faster/slower than other countries, and some advance their clock by something other than one hour in DST, and then additional timezone changes that may or may not be related..

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 01:03:47 PM »
https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,218.msg21423.html#msg21423

Topic exists, please read the instructions (= do a search) before posting.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.