changing prices on multiple routes at the same time

Started by dagwood, September 12, 2017, 01:14:53 PM

dagwood

Any suggestions on how to change prices on multiple routes at the same time? For example, I have twenty routes that I want to increase the price by 5% and twenty routes I do not want to change. Is the only way to go in and modify each route separately or is there a way to select multiple routes?
any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sami

Manage routes -> tick the routes you wish to change -> choose "manage prices" from the bottom's dropdown menu.

dagwood

Hi Sami,
I tried that and it only changes the one price that I click on the price management button. It does not change the other routes I have selected. Am I doing something wrong?

dagwood

Hi Sami,

I misunderstood what you meant. I went back and found the correct drop down menu. I had never used that menu before.  Thank you for all of your help and the great game.  :)

Andre090904

What I am missing is a "Change prices for all routes to: XYZ" function. XYZ could either be airports or a country. Being based in Germany, I have monopolies on many routes to Turkey. I'd like to inrease prices on those routes (5-6 airports), but not on any other route. Now selecting every single route to Turkey is still way to time-intensive...especially when you have various bases...

Sami

Manage Routes -> choose airport and/or country filter (left hand menu) -> select all (from top of the list) -> modify prices (from bottom dropdown)?  (though have to do page by page but works still....)

(and if you have routes from another bases to these airports you can supplement with base airport filter; so filter with base and country and you can narrow down the selection exactly how you wish!)

Andre090904

Outstanding! Never saw that before!

One more question (which would make things a whole lot easier): Is there a way to say "Increase all prices by X% where LF is bigger than Y%"? So basically like the current global route pricing, but on the condition that LF is at least X?

Zobelle

Quote from: Andre090904 on September 12, 2017, 04:32:49 PM
Outstanding! Never saw that before!

One more question (which would make things a whole lot easier): Is there a way to say "Increase all prices by X% where LF is bigger than Y%"? So basically like the current global route pricing, but on the condition that LF is at least X?
Would love this.

With 7 day scheduling and over 250 flights I simply can't find the time to go add percentages to all 90+ LF routes. By the time I will be done it will be time to update again with constant inflation happening.

qunow

Quote from: Zobelle on September 12, 2017, 04:46:42 PM
Would love this.

With 7 day scheduling and over 250 flights I simply can't find the time to go add percentages to all 90+ LF routes. By the time I will be done it will be time to update again with constant inflation happening.
That is same as my feature request at https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,71140.0.html

Quote from: Sami on September 12, 2017, 03:57:46 PM
Manage Routes -> choose airport and/or country filter (left hand menu) -> select all (from top of the list) -> modify prices (from bottom dropdown)?  (though have to do page by page but works still....)

(and if you have routes from another bases to these airports you can supplement with base airport filter; so filter with base and country and you can narrow down the selection exactly how you wish!)
It probably answered https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,71815.0.html this feature request but as the buttons need to be pressed to achieve all these are scattered all around the screen is that some more intrinstic way to do this?

qunow

Quote from: Sami on September 12, 2017, 03:57:46 PM

And, seems like if you do this, you can only change the price by increasing or decreasing a certain percentage andd cannot restore back to default for those selected routes?

knobbygb

The "Destination View" tab is also very useful and I only discovered it recently having played for over 6 years! All the routes between each airport pair are condensed into a single entry which is great for 7 day scheduling and destinations with several daily flights.  The main problem is that this screen is missing the check-boxes that appear on the other "Manage Routes" screens. It would be nice to be able to change a bunch of these in one go too.

dagwood

The other great thing about the destination tab is that you can easily adjust prices on all flights to a specific city at the same time.  This is great when you are adjusting prices to compete with someone that has planes flying the same route.

I do wonder how many other tabs and features exist that we haven't found yet?

Sami must have some easter eggs hidden in this game! ;D