Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Portuguese airports demand  (Read 434 times)

eduardoflor

• Former member
[-] Portuguese airports demand
« on: September 05, 2017, 05:19:09 PM »
Hi there,

Since I have been playing AirwaySim mainly with Portuguese airports, I would like to suggest that the passenger demand regarding African and American routes would become more realistic.
For instance, LPPT (Lisbon) in real life has 2 daily flights to FNLU (Luanda - Angola) being server by Tap A340 and TAGG 777. Two big birds that would put the demand around 400 daily.

This also happens in the route LPPT (Lisbon) to FQMA (Maputo - Mozambique) also with the A340

For instance, Azores airlines has a huge demand from the Azores Islands to Canada, mainly Toronto and Montreal. Also has demand for Boston.

If you need any help gathering more data I would be glad to help. This is a great game and providing a more immersive experience from those who want to stay away from the big hubs would be even nicer. 

Regards
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 11:20:05 AM by Sami »

Offline qunow

• Members
Re: Portuguese airports demand
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 07:43:35 PM »
The demand in this game for Africa, China, India in the modern era are also not quite realistic, probably due to realtively old dataset being used as base for demand calculation in the game.

DannyWilliams

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 09:11:12 PM »
The demand in this game for Africa, China, India in the modern era are also not quite realistic, probably due to realtively old dataset being used as base for demand calculation in the game.
To be honest with you the African demand is so wrong it's almost funny, i was based at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport once, an airport with A LOT of demand in real life with several flights using equipment like the A350, A330, B767/B777/B787, yet when i was there i was lucky to fill up a B737-700ER on the route to London or Charles de Gaulle since the demand was so low... (bear in mind that these are just two destinations that are using the A350 and B787)

So yeah, we really need some updates to happen on the demand table....

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 08:31:38 AM »
City-based demand is supposed to correct that. By counting demand calculated upon demographics, it should allow more dynamic regions to grow demand faster than others. But it's still in the works. The simpler cargo demand system seems, from what I've heard, to require more setting to be OK.

It would make no sense to correct those things in the current system, which is bound to disappear.

eduardoflor

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 10:08:27 AM »
City-based demand is supposed to correct that. By counting demand calculated upon demographics, it should allow more dynamic regions to grow demand faster than others. But it's still in the works. The simpler cargo demand system seems, from what I've heard, to require more setting to be OK.

It would make no sense to correct those things in the current system, which is bound to disappear.

Makes sense and you are correct.

Offline qunow

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 02:14:13 PM »

If city based demand is supposed to calculate demand based on demography, then it would need to have connecting traffic implemented to function correctly, otherwise airports depend heavily on connecting traffics like DXB, ANC, NRT, EWR, ATL, etc. will be desolated.

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 12:35:05 AM »
If city based demand is supposed to calculate demand based on demography, then it would need to have connecting traffic implemented to function correctly, otherwise airports depend heavily on connecting traffics like DXB, ANC, NRT, EWR, ATL, etc. will be desolated.

The explanation for the basis of CBD economics is in the manual. Sami released it along with cargo CBD section in the manual as well.

If anyone wants a good "feel" of how CBD would work, join the cargo games and fly freighter only aircraft. Of course, CBD pax is different because its governed by different rules. So until we get a game with both CBD pax and cargo, we'll just have to speculate.

Talentz

Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline qunow

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 05:06:08 AM »
The explanation for the basis of CBD economics is in the manual. Sami released it along with cargo CBD section in the manual as well.

If anyone wants a good "feel" of how CBD would work, join the cargo games and fly freighter only aircraft. Of course, CBD pax is different because its governed by different rules. So until we get a game with both CBD pax and cargo, we'll just have to speculate.

Talentz
I have re-read that again and from what it say the catchment are seems to reflect only point to point traffic, Indeed when I play the cargo gameworld, I can't fill the belly cargo of a 757 from San Francisco to Anchorage. Hence what Ihave said.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 11:19:21 AM »
There are no changes planned for the current (old) demand system so closing this rq.

eduardoflor

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 01:53:25 PM »
There are no changes planned for the current (old) demand system so closing this rq.

Thank you Sami  :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.