Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Launch order collection period.  (Read 1280 times)

Offline qunow

• Members

The 5 people who like this post:
[ok] Launch order collection period.
« on: August 25, 2017, 11:13:57 PM »
As someone else mentioned in GW2, this could be a way to prevent giving excecssive advantage to those who refersh the site often to immediately place orders when new aircraft type come out.
One of the possible working mode:
1. Before aircraft launch date come, post a news onto aircraft news section saying manufacturer is now designing an aircraft with spec like this, and is now collecting supports from launch customers in the upcoming time period. (Could be 1-2 real day long)
2. In the period, airlines can express their interest in how many aircrafts they want for the model, and place their order accordingly, however airlines won't be given an exact date on when will their aircrafts come and orders placed during this stage won't appear on aircraft on order screen just yet
3. After the launch period passed, the system can then look at how many order being received, and then set the production rate accordingly, and only then the system would evenly distribute orders being placed along the production queue.
4. The system can then post another news saying the aircraft model have been successfully launched with x airlines placing x orders in total with production queue lining up for x mmonths/years and the largest launch customers are ___. Or if no one placed launch order then the system can post a news saying the manufacturer designed to launch the project anyway despite lack of support, or the manufacturer decided to cancel the launch due to lack of support, if this option can be modelled.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 03:24:38 PM by Sami »

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Launch order collection period.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 09:40:27 PM »
Any comments on this topic?

In my mind the best option to get rid of the "launch rush" and get also more fair initial production slots and launch customer discounts is that we first "pre-launch" the model, and airlines can place their orders (some game months?), and after some time the slots are assigned between all who participated in the pre-launch. Any orders placed after that will be placed then normally per current system.

(but there won't be an option that a model would not launch, we'll still get all possible models into production)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 09:43:38 PM by Sami »

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 11:00:09 PM »
Any comments on this topic?

In my mind the best option to get rid of the "launch rush" and get also more fair initial production slots and launch customer discounts is that we first "pre-launch" the model, and airlines can place their orders (some game months?), and after some time the slots are assigned between all who participated in the pre-launch. Any orders placed after that will be placed then normally per current system.

(but there won't be an option that a model would not launch, we'll still get all possible models into production)

It would stop some of the money drain from airlines buying a crap model at launch and then canceling their order to reorder the better model with better slots..I would also make the launch customer a sliding scale (from 10-50) with as many as 200 initial orders being eligible for launch pricing. 10 orders? you get a 2% addtl discount, 40 orders? 8%, 50? 10%, you get the idea.

Offline Luperco

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 11:04:10 PM »
I agree, the current system is a lottery and if one miss the launch of a popular model by an hour, may wait for years to have the first delivery.

The launch customer discount is a minor problem and can be assigned to the first airline that places an order like now.

I also think that a plane must be launched even if there are no initial orders.
Saluti
Emanuele

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 11:50:25 PM »
I agree, the current system is a lottery and if one miss the launch of a popular model by an hour, may wait for years to have the first delivery.

The launch customer discount is a minor problem and can be assigned to the first airline that places an order like now.

I also think that a plane must be launched even if there are no initial orders.

The discount shouldn't be wasted on 10-20 orders, this is allowed under the current order regime.

Offline Luperco

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 08:28:36 AM »
The discount shouldn't be wasted on 10-20 orders, this is allowed under the current order regime.

I agree with you but, in my opinion, is a minor problem. The point here is waiting for years only because an aircraft was launched while you cannot go online for an hour.
Saluti
Emanuele

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 08:43:58 AM »
I agree with Emanuele. If both points are implemented, fine, but the discount is a much less important issue.

Otherwise, I think qunow's proposal is fine.

1°) The initial "blind" repartition of the slots have to be somewhat fair and reasonable (no 2 months holes between two frames just because so much people ordered this model), this is the only point I'd insist upon.

2°) Would need some models to know how it would perform for launches like the A320:
 - if too few people order it, then the line won't compress as it should, ie according to demand (or would there be another compression later on, when the -200 is launched?)
 - if many people order it, it could be somewhat similar to today's issues, but will probably still be better.

Offline Cedric3108

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 01:02:09 PM »
I really like the idea. Maybe the launch discount should go to the airline placing the largest order within the "pre-order" time frame?

Online MuzhikRB

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 09:03:22 PM »
totally support the idea. the lack of this was the only reason i didnt jump in GW4.

if too many orders placed per initial window - then production rate can be increased from day 1 to maximum rate.

also - at this case - launch discount should be removed from game - cause now more players can get this plane earlier at launch price! its already quite enough discount in my thoughts.

surely - discount per order amount should remain as it is

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 02:24:14 PM »
30 or 60 days for the duration of the "pre-launch" period? (During which orders are collected, and after it ends slots are distributed)

Offline Cedric3108

• Members

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 03:02:38 PM »
30 days would be 15 real life hours in a normal GW, 60 day 30h. I would go for 60, as work plus sleep in real life can easily be 15h in which I don't have time to log onto AWS. Not being able to log on with-in 30h is rare, I think.

Just my 2cents.

Cheers

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 05:55:08 PM »
totally support the idea. the lack of this was the only reason i didnt jump in GW4.

if too many orders placed per initial window - then production rate can be increased from day 1 to maximum rate.

also - at this case - launch discount should be removed from game - cause now more players can get this plane earlier at launch price! its already quite enough discount in my thoughts.

surely - discount per order amount should remain as it is

Big no to remove launch discount.

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2018, 05:58:44 PM »
I agree 60 days in game is plenty for someone who logs in at least once a day.

Not sure about the launch discount. Rich airlines will always have more money then others, regardless of what counter-measures we think of.

Collecting orders sounds good and on face value, will look good.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Online schro

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2018, 11:49:40 PM »
So, will the number of orders collected during the collection period change the initial production launch speed?

You'd think that if pre-order demand is strong during the collection period that the manufacturer would go ahead and tool up the line...

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2018, 01:03:13 AM »
Got a feeling this will severely handicap the highly lucrative early slot market.

I’m not lovin’ it.

Offline Luperco

• Members

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2018, 05:21:10 AM »
Got a feeling this will severely handicap the highly lucrative early slot market.

I’m not lovin’ it.

Maybe. But this slots are prerogative of those few players that can stay constantly online.
For everyone else it's frustrating.

I'm for 60 days prelaunch.
Saluti
Emanuele

Online jezbanks

• Members

The 6 people who like this post:
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2018, 07:10:28 AM »

I’m not lovin’ it.

I have an advantage

This will mean my advantage is less unfair

I like my advantage

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Zobelle

• Members

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 12:04:35 PM »
I have an advantage

This will mean my advantage is less unfair

I like my advantage

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh  :'( :'( :'(

Pretty much. Keep in mind one must build a solid base to break into brokering, so it’s not like you’re just taking advantage of others misery without having gone through your own battle.

Offline DanDan

• Members

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2018, 12:28:15 PM »
in my opinion, these orders placed should be conditional orders. therefore: after the dates & prices have been set, one should be able to accept the order or cancel it without penalty for a certain period of time.

Offline Zobelle

• Members

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2018, 12:48:28 AM »
in my opinion, these orders placed should be conditional orders. therefore: after the dates & prices have been set, one should be able to accept the order or cancel it without penalty for a certain period of time.

Agreed

Maybe offer option to pay some extra to get more compressed delivery times too. (Cue crying from poorly managed airlines)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.