Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Add a button in scheduling screen for slot acquistion  (Read 471 times)

Offline qunow

• Members

The person who likes this post:
[-] Add a button in scheduling screen for slot acquistion
« on: August 10, 2017, 12:18:18 AM »
I think it would be really nice to add a checkbox into the screen that would say: Acquire slots for selected flights
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:37:11 PM by Sami »

Offline Delta

• Members
Re: Add a button in scheduling screen for slot acquistion
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 03:44:27 PM »
I agree this would be a nice addition.

Sometimes when I plan new routes in advance I forget to buy the slots after scheduling the routes and I realise only after a few real days. The fact that you have to go to another page (i.e. Manage routes) to edit each route manually certainly contribute to this, so this feature would be highly helpful IMO.

Aoitsuki

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 05:41:46 PM »
Then incoming cries of 3* slot drop in LHR getting swallowed by one airline within seconds......

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 06:37:08 PM »
The slots need to be purchased so rarely that it does not warrant own button for the interface. (and there is no such ready function for this only either, as it's part of the route editor process)

Offline NovemberCharlie

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 07:06:28 PM »
The slots need to be purchased so rarely that it does not warrant own button for the interface. (and there is no such ready function for this only either, as it's part of the route editor process)
With 7 day scheduling and separate routes for each day of the week this is simply not true. I make a 7 day schedule and have to buy slots for each aircraft (if they are new) after each delivery. Honestly it is (for me) the largest obstacle in the game (especially with 737 schedules where I have to purchase 20 or so slot per plane times 7)

Offline qunow

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 07:22:30 PM »
Consider the airlines I made in long haul challenge gameworld which involve 600+ aircrafts acquired in the span of 10 gameyear, with full 7-days schedulling each aircrafts have 4-8 routes on it, which mean I have repeated the process for about 500 times over a period of about 2-3 months or in another words more than 10 times per day everyday. Of course normal gameworld are not long haul challenge but it is still possible to reach the same scale of operation in normal gameworld.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 09:35:55 PM by qunow »

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: [-] Add a button in scheduling screen for slot acquistion
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 09:29:24 PM »
Like others. A plane like the 737-700ER can't make any money outside a 7-planes, 7-days schedule. Which is a lot of planning, but also a lot of work once the plane arrives. Planning is fun, simple repetitive work to buy slots is not.

No matter how the GUI is done, or the screen it's in. We need a quick way to buy slots for routes planned months ago and now associated with an existing airframe.

Offline NovemberCharlie

• Members
Re: [-] Add a button in scheduling screen for slot acquistion
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 11:28:19 AM »
p.s. I also posted a request for a similar feature earlier... https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,70582.msg413159.html#msg413159

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.