Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [Feature Request] Minimum lease term  (Read 662 times)

Offline qunow

• Members
[Feature Request] Minimum lease term
« on: August 03, 2017, 02:48:52 PM »
Would it be possible for airlines offering aircraft leases to manually appoint a minimum lease term for airlines wanting to lease their aircrafts?

Offline drhyed (Crash Airline)

• Members
Re: [Feature Request] Minimum lease term
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 03:22:21 PM »
I think that is a great suggestion, and actually may be more useful than a max lease timeframe

Заказы нашей компании авиационным заводам СССР поддерживают экономику супердержавы с 1950 года.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 08:29:19 AM »
the max is very useful(even if I'm victim of it right now), so please don't remove it. While minimum could be useful, remember that the most likely end of your leasing contract is the other company bankrupting. So don't put too many hopes in those.

Offline qunow

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 08:59:43 AM »
I think maximum is useful and minimum could be as useful as maximum

ACDennison

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 10:36:17 AM »
I would very much like a minimum lease term

I am having a severe issue in GW2 right now with old warbirds.  The C-Checks costs about $150-200k / year, but I can only lease them out for $10k/month.  That's fine when people take them for 2+ years, but not when they take them for 11 months and return them unchecked!

A minimum lease term would allow me to avoid this issue.

Offline Zobelle

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 07:51:00 AM »
I would very much like a minimum lease term

I am having a severe issue in GW2 right now with old warbirds.  The C-Checks costs about $150-200k / year, but I can only lease them out for $10k/month.  That's fine when people take them for 2+ years, but not when they take them for 11 months and return them unchecked!

A minimum lease term would allow me to avoid this issue.
Risks of being a mass lessor unfortunately.

Offline freshmore

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 05:32:12 PM »
Yep, it's effectively more like a traditional investment, therefore the old egg's in one basket strategy is essential high risk, high reward potential. At this point if I was in that position, I wouldn't be wanting much more than a year lease anyway because old warbird's are just old, they are becoming a short term fix for any airline at this point.

However, I can definitely see the value of being able to set a minimum lease term as it does help to secure a longer term to get the return, after all that is what leasing is about. I would also like to be able offer those aircraft for sale to the airlines I lease them out to at the end.

Offline qunow

• Members

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 09:16:56 PM »
Yep, it's effectively more like a traditional investment, therefore the old egg's in one basket strategy is essential high risk, high reward potential. At this point if I was in that position, I wouldn't be wanting much more than a year lease anyway because old warbird's are just old, they are becoming a short term fix for any airline at this point.

However, I can definitely see the value of being able to set a minimum lease term as it does help to secure a longer term to get the return, after all that is what leasing is about. I would also like to be able offer those aircraft for sale to the airlines I lease them out to at the end.
It would also be nice if airlines can choose to "automatically buy the aircraft after lease end" in addition to the current "automatically renew the lease" button

DannyWilliams

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 09:39:04 PM »
Personally i think we should get a wet-lease option included too, gotta get more realistic in leasing out our aircraft's ;)

Offline qunow

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 09:50:22 PM »
Personally i think we should get a wet-lease option included too, gotta get more realistic in leasing out our aircraft's ;)
Allowing wet lease would enable airlines publish schedules for a forth fleet type without added commonality cost so I'm not sure if that is desirable

DannyWilliams

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 09:57:34 PM »
Allowing wet lease would enable airlines publish schedules for a forth fleet type without added commonality cost so I'm not sure if that is desirable
Desirable or not it's how the airline industry works, seeing as this is a simulator based out of a real industry shouldn't it allow for some of the most used options in terms of "leasing" planes for periods?
Sure, make it intra-alliance only or way more expensive than regular leasing, but should still be a part of the "game"...

Offline freshmore

• Members

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 10:49:13 PM »
Wet Leasing is more used as cover for short periods in the real world, whether that be maintenance cover, peak season cover or covering deliveries etc. None of this is really in the game and therefore a Wet Lease as a whole isn't needed. More importantly, it would allow a ghost 4th fleet type, which is there for game balance and what we should remember, is while this is based on the real world and is a simulation (I wouldn't say simulator), it is also a game and that means not everything makes sense to put in.

Automatically buy aircraft after lease end though would be nice, I forgot to add that.

Offline qunow

• Members
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 03:38:54 AM »
Desirable or not it's how the airline industry works, seeing as this is a simulator based out of a real industry shouldn't it allow for some of the most used options in terms of "leasing" planes for periods?
Sure, make it intra-alliance only or way more expensive than regular leasing, but should still be a part of the "game"...
The exponential increase in commonality cost with 4th or moire fleet type is also something that will not occur in real life, yet that have been added into the game. The idea of limiting amount of fleet a player can have were said to be limit the scope of routes a player can handle, if wetleasing capacity is allowed, and since MX and crew training will be done by the operating airlines, then the commmonality limit will be virtually removed.

Wet Leasing is more used as cover for short periods in the real world, whether that be maintenance cover, peak season cover or covering deliveries etc. None of this is really in the game and therefore a Wet Lease as a whole isn't needed. More importantly, it would allow a ghost 4th fleet type, which is there for game balance and what we should remember, is while this is based on the real world and is a simulation (I wouldn't say simulator), it is also a game and that means not everything makes sense to put in.

Automatically buy aircraft after lease end though would be nice, I forgot to add that.
Wet lease can also be used in long term, like see SAS and LH have been wetleasing Privatair 737/320s for years.

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2017, 05:34:22 AM »

Not desirable to who?
Don't hate the game, hate the player. 😁

Offline qunow

• Members
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 05:58:52 AM »
Not desirable to who?
Don't hate the game, hate the player. 😁
Not desirable to whoever opposed to the idea when I suggest the game should allow more fleet types before commonality penalty kick in
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:35:11 PM by qunow »

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 10:00:07 PM »
I think the commonality penalty should be abolished, personally. You take care of that, you won't need wet leases.

Offline freshmore

• Members

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 10:06:48 PM »
I think the commonality penalty should be abolished, personally. You take care of that, you won't need wet leases.

I believe that is on the agenda to be done at some point.

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 11:32:09 PM »
One should hope so. Or at least add a grace period for fleet transitions. i.e. if you're been running your type(s) for 4yrs or more then you may add a 4th and or 5th fleet type(s) without penalty for half the amt of time you've been running the original types. Could it be abused? Sure, What isn't though.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.