Relocate HQ

Started by matt84, August 01, 2017, 02:49:49 AM

matt84

The ability to relocate our airlines hq at a later period in time would be nice , especially for airlines that want to start in smaller towns in early days and operate rural routes and expand into larger cities . Right now it doesn't work because you are always limited to how many aircraft can operate out of your original tiny home port ... so many real airlines started in small ports (qantas) and relocated twice on their journey to international airline. Obviously there would be a large cost in relocating and it could be limited to once every twenty years or twice altogether perhaps . Means airlines that are Late to the party can open in ports without much competition but still hope to over time and with good management move into established markets . Also the new hq would have to be in the same nation as the original hq so it shouldn't effect anything there , and possibly would have to be in an already established large base etc ...  sorry if this has already been discussed , couldn't see it when I searched

KEMKid

I agree. I have mt HQ at Birmingham (BHM) and now find myself bumping up against the 600 aircraft rule.

DannyWilliams

Quote from: KEMKid on August 22, 2017, 08:21:24 PM
I agree. I have mt HQ at Birmingham (BHM) and now find myself bumping up against the 600 aircraft rule.
I also agree, i am going to be screwed over by the aircraft's outside of HQ in the next few game months, and i only have 20 ac's at my HQ...

Mort

Would like to throw another voice in for this suggestion.

Despite the increase to out of base limits, as the gameworlds develop, you can find yourself in a position where moving HQ makes sense (much like real life companies).

I would propose that it should be possible to move your HQ based on the following:

• You already have a base at the proposed HQ
  • Your airline is at least X years old (possibly 5?)
  • You already have Y% of your aircraft fleet based at the proposed HQ (possibly 20%?)
  • A large one off-cost to cover the logistics/marketing/staff moves/etc of physically moving your HQ (possibly 2-3x cost of a very large base?)
  • A one-off credit cost to ensure the facility to move HQ isn't abused or done lightly (! or 2 credits maybe)

The idea is to make it possible to move HQ, but that it should be prohibited to those situations where you actually need to make the change, and it not just be done on a whim.

The fact you have to have a base there means it is subject to the current basing restrictions, for example.

Tha_Ape

And as the OP said, maybe only once or twice per GW, so you do this only when there's a real opportunity, and not just to mess up with a competitor, or just easily climb the ladder.

Also, there are countries where it makes sense: an old Soviet airline will most likely base in SVO, as it's the only airport opened to the rest of the world, and where you'll have 50% of your fleet. However once the USSR collapses, DME gets bigger than SVO, but you can't relocate.

rabader

I just want to upvote this post.

Mort suggestion seems good but I'll add a couple of tweaks
Quote from: Mort on May 28, 2019, 01:07:19 PM

• You already have Y% of your aircraft fleet based at the proposed HQ (possibly 20%?)
  • A large one off-cost to cover the logistics/marketing/staff moves/etc of physically moving your HQ (possibly 2-3x cost of a very large base?)
  • A one-off credit cost to ensure the facility to move HQ isn't abused or done lightly (! or 2 credits maybe)

• The base you want to relocate your HQ must be at least 10 years old
  • You can only do this once