Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Bankruptcy options  (Read 298 times)

texan3570

• Former member
[-] Bankruptcy options
« on: July 18, 2017, 11:21:24 PM »
I do not know if these ideas have been posted before. I find it annoying that when an airline declares bankruptcy there is no bidding war for either the whole airline or some of its parts, much like what happened to real world TWA. I understand that all of the slots are given up, but would it not make for a more entertaining game if the airline was sold instead of disappearing?

I also know that might give an unfair advantage to people who have been playing in the GW longer then those who are just starting out. I would also like to suggest that there be a way for a few bankrupt companies to be sold to starting players. If all of that is not possible then I would just like to know what aircraft the airline had when it declared bankruptcy so I can try to obtain those planes. I think it would simple to add a bankruptcy aircraft sales sheet.

Because right now in GW 2 there are no decent long haul aircraft for sale and all the decent long haul aircraft being created are backlogged by 5+ years. I think it would also be a nice addition if we could have notifications sent to us when a plane we are looking for on the used airplane sale list.

Sammi, thanks for all of the hard work you put into this game! Just a few thoughts of mine, not trying to be critical
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 08:51:22 AM by Sami »

Offline Talentz

• Members
Re: Bankruptcy options
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 03:36:29 AM »
I do not know if these ideas have been posted before. I find it annoying that when an airline declares bankruptcy there is no bidding war for either the whole airline or some of its parts, much like what happened to real world TWA. I understand that all of the slots are given up, but would it not make for a more entertaining game if the airline was sold instead of disappearing?

I also know that might give an unfair advantage to people who have been playing in the GW longer then those who are just starting out. I would also like to suggest that there be a way for a few bankrupt companies to be sold to starting players. If all of that is not possible then I would just like to know what aircraft the airline had when it declared bankruptcy so I can try to obtain those planes. I think it would simple to add a bankruptcy aircraft sales sheet.

Because right now in GW 2 there are no decent long haul aircraft for sale and all the decent long haul aircraft being created are backlogged by 5+ years. I think it would also be a nice addition if we could have notifications sent to us when a plane we are looking for on the used airplane sale list.

Sammi, thanks for all of the hard work you put into this game! Just a few thoughts of mine, not trying to be critical

Already thinking about November in July..?

No worries, three days from now we get another game world to relieve our frustration 7 times a game week  ;)

The AWS: Bankruptcy Wars add on is probably outside of the scope of the game.

Fun to think about though; as we strategically time our market refreshes... or least we keep tying to convince ourselfs.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Bankruptcy options
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 08:51:16 AM »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.