Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Factor in loadfactor to turnaround and resulting delay and transfer flights  (Read 442 times)

Offline ts96

• Members
I was thinking about if the loadfactor is taken into account when delay due to short turnaround is generated? I have several flights operating with a 0% loadfactor (departure and arrival at night) but with a 80-100% full return flight. The "empty" flights do as far as I can see generate a delay due to short turnaround as great as a 100% full flight. In my opinion this shouldn't be. Sure, other things factor in too, but deboarding and boarding (and people not sitting down in their seat right away!!!) is often a big issue and reason why flights are delayed.

Also I was thinking about transfer flights that would be cheaper than regular flights for the issue above. Not having to pay for a cabin crew would save some cash and maybe not increase ones seat supply to a route. This might especially be helpfull for routes with great demand.

What do you guys think?  :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 01:35:00 PM by Sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
That will be unfortunately too complucated since delay model is based on statistical probabilities..

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.