Schedule of next game worlds

Started by Sami, June 15, 2017, 08:12:13 PM

Helix

Could someone clarify for me how I'd manage to get CDG as HQ in France when it opens. I could not find a clear answer searching the forums. If I have my HQ at ORY would it move to CDG or do I need to be HQ'd at Le Bourget? Thanks in advance.

Zombie Slayer

For your HQ to move to CDG you have to start in LBG. ORY based airlines stay in ORY when CDG opens.
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

JumboShrimp

Quote from: Sami on June 20, 2017, 02:29:18 PM
17 UTC, if no last minute changes.

err...  can you translate to American?

Sami

JumboShrimp

DavidBurnie

Can I just say how excited I am to try the Cargo World! the 14th can't come fast enough.

fark24

Any update on the Cargo World? Only 4 days away if still keeping to the proposed schedule.

Sami

I will have to push it back a couple of days due to a work trip (not here on that day, and some things are still to be done). I will post a separate news about the schedule on wednesday.

fark24

Quote from: Sami on July 10, 2017, 11:35:16 AM
I will have to push it back a couple of days due to a work trip (not here on that day, and some things are still to be done). I will post a separate news about the schedule on wednesday.

Thanks for the update Sami! Much appreciated and certainly understandable.

I'm sure we'll all want to know about the game years, aircraft selection, and any particular notes about the demand model. In particular, if departure/arrival times will affect demand, whether there are tech stop penalties, and if cargo will have a slight preference for larger aircraft (as is the case with passengers).

schro

Quote from: fark24 on July 10, 2017, 01:06:47 PM
Thanks for the update Sami! Much appreciated and certainly understandable.

I'm sure we'll all want to know about the game years, aircraft selection, and any particular notes about the demand model. In particular, if departure/arrival times will affect demand, whether there are tech stop penalties, and if cargo will have a slight preference for larger aircraft (as is the case with passengers).

The current cargo model does not penalize for departure/arrival times, nor does it penalize for tech stops. Cargo doesn't care what type of plane it is on.

Talentz

Quote from: schro on July 10, 2017, 01:19:46 PM
The current cargo model does not penalize for departure/arrival times, nor does it penalize for tech stops. Cargo doesn't care what type of plane it is on.

"Cargo just doesn't give a F---"  - schro 2017

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

fark24

Quote from: Talentz on July 10, 2017, 04:54:30 PM
"Cargo just doesn't give a F---"  - schro 2017
That's the kind of confirmation I was looking for  ;D

NovemberCharlie

Any idea when another miniworld is due again?

Sami

Quote from: NovemberCharlie on November 27, 2017, 07:15:26 PM

No plans made yet, due to GW1 and 3 launching.

deovrat

Quote from: NovemberCharlie on November 27, 2017, 07:15:26 PM

I second this thought as well, been too long since we had one.

For those like me who find 2 full GWs a chore, a GW along with a mini-world scenario is perfect.

OscarSMC

NovemberCharlie

Quote from: OscarSMC on December 11, 2017, 05:29:49 AM
Is there going to be a new GW4?
A GW3 is next.

When can we expect a date? I remember second week of December  ;D

gazzz0x2z

Quote from: NovemberCharlie on December 11, 2017, 02:25:01 PM
A GW3 is next.

When can we expect a date? I remember second week of December  ;D

Well, considering the amount of work I have to finish the year, early January would be perfect for me. But I guess everyone has different constraints...

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: gazzz0x2z on December 11, 2017, 02:45:08 PM
Well, considering the amount of work I have to finish the year, early January would be perfect for me. But I guess everyone has different constraints...

January and February will be busy here but that is not important. My opinion is simply that full game worlds should not start within 5 game years of each other making GW3 the first week of January at earliest and GW4 mid February at earliest. The first 5 years of any game are simply too busy to be managing 2 simultaneously.
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

Sami

GW#3 will start on December 17th (was previously scheduled for Dec 13th), since GW#4 is also ending soon and we'd be then left only with two games out of four. (having the main worlds end so near each others is undesirable but it's a tad hard to pre-plan those things years ahead)

Beginner's World #2 wills start on Dec 15th.