Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] GW2 Reboot - Early Start?  (Read 558 times)

Offline yearofthecactus

• Members

The person who likes this post:
[ok] GW2 Reboot - Early Start?
« on: June 14, 2017, 05:11:26 PM »
So the end of GW2 is nigh, and I have a request.

In one of the recent updates extending worlds to 2036, it was noted the servers now have the capability to start as early as 1948 and finish as late as 2036. Given this information, would be be possible to have a different start than the traditional 1960 for GW2. I'm not saying go all the way back to 1948 if that's considered difficult/too long, but 1960 is a horrible time to start. It's right on the cusp of the piston to jet leap, a lot of the pistons are not available/nerfed and from an airline management point of view, it's a horrible decade of multiple switches, something I'm just not personally interested in doing again from that start.

Subsequently, I've decided if the GW start once again is exactly 1960, I'll either not join, or will wait until the mid to late 70s before entering. Note, the 1970 starts, and the mid-90s starts do offer good challenges, my beef is specifically with the 1960 one that is about to reboot.

So yeh, any chance we can go back a few years. Anything from 48-58 would be great IMO.

Also, whatever length the GW will be, please rid the late game worlds of 35 minute days. It's ironic that 1960-1970 where all the action is happening last 20 mins, and the late gw where nothing happens and we just want to finish up takes 35 minutes. I'm not saying reverse it like the GW3 experiment necessarily, but no one wants 35 minute days in the 2020s, so please make that more linear. Thanks
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:23:43 PM by Sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

Re: GW2 Reboot - Early Start?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 06:23:25 PM »
Sounds like a plan ;)

Offline Zombie Slayer

• Members

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 03:27:51 AM »
A 90 year game. Y'all gonna get me to join a game I dont have time to properly play....
Co-founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
PacAir President and CEO
Designated "Tier 1" Opponent

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 06:50:43 AM »
depends on the day length. But the 15-minutes day length of the cargo test game was really, errrm, ecxessively fast. I do like the 30 minutes of current GW3. What are others thinking about this?

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 07:22:41 AM »
A 90 year game. Y'all gonna get me to join a game I dont have time to properly play....

There was a 1950 start long time ago, IIRC.  Against my better judgment (already in 2 GWs) I might get sucked into the mother of all GWs with very early start date.

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 07:23:57 AM »
Also agree about the day length.  It should be longer early on, when all the action takes place, faster in last 30 years, when nothing really happens any more.

Offline schro

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 01:43:28 PM »
Also agree about the day length.  It should be longer early on, when all the action takes place, faster in last 30 years, when nothing really happens any more.

Or.. how about a plot twist... day length should vary based upon how active the game players are (i.e. aggregate used plane leasing, route creation, etc). If there's a collective lull in action, then the game speeds up until players get busy again.

Mind... blown.

Offline Talentz

• Members

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 05:55:22 PM »
There was a 1950 start long time ago, IIRC.  Against my better judgment (already in 2 GWs) I might get sucked into the mother of all GWs with very early start date.

That was an awesome game! Though the mechanics have changed a bit since, including that recent class change for early 1950/1960s aircraft. 1948 start... would be almost an insanely long game.

Talentz

Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline spiff23

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 04:08:33 PM »
looking forward to it.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.