Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Slot should not expire for non crowded airport...  (Read 556 times)

Offline qunow

• Members
[-] Slot should not expire for non crowded airport...
« on: May 29, 2017, 12:10:02 AM »
buying slot for every flight is super tideous can we at least make it less so by allowing us to buy slot at once without need to further clicking about it for non crowded airports? Also the one click slot purchase thing mentioned in another feature request
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 07:52:01 PM by Sami »

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks

The person who likes this post:
Re: Slot should not expire for non crowded airport...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 11:01:09 PM »
sure they shall if you don't have the plane you don't need the slot

Offline qunow

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 05:58:19 PM »
sure they shall if you don't have the plane you don't need the slot
It is troublesome to keep reacquire slots while planes keep arriving according to queue

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 11:35:42 PM »
You can open the route without acquiring slots, and only acquire them when your aircraft arrives.

Offline qunow

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 02:12:15 AM »
You can open the route without acquiring slots, and only acquire them when your aircraft arrives.
Yes, still, whenever a new aircraft arrive, you need to acquire slot for every route flown by the aircraft, each at a time. The option to click open route without acquiring slot is also additional two click per route. Additionally if a weekly flight is separated into different fligiht and whenever you want to change the flight's schedule before any of those aircraft arrive, when you edit those route, you also need additional 14 clicked to click not to acquire slots one by one.

Offline schro

• Members

The 5 people who like this post:
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 03:46:44 PM »
Yes, still, whenever a new aircraft arrive, you need to acquire slot for every route flown by the aircraft, each at a time. The option to click open route without acquiring slot is also additional two click per route. Additionally if a weekly flight is separated into different fligiht and whenever you want to change the flight's schedule before any of those aircraft arrive, when you edit those route, you also need additional 14 clicked to click not to acquire slots one by one.

So.. you're saying that game rules which have been implemented in response to prior abuse of the slot system and enforced by these systemic expiration controls should also be changed? Or are you saying that there should be an exception to the rules?

https://www.airwaysim.com/game/Manual/General/Rules/#Competition

Not sure about you, but I'd rather have a level playing field for all players, especially after doing the grind in slot constrained airports.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 06:56:26 PM »
Agreed with Schro. My company is wealthy enough to buy all slots in Warsaw, for example, which is not slot contrained yet in GW3, and to prevent any opposition from going there. Powerful companies are powerful enough. Don't give them more tools to oppress you.

Offline qunow

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 12:24:06 PM »
So.. you're saying that game rules which have been implemented in response to prior abuse of the slot system and enforced by these systemic expiration controls should also be changed? Or are you saying that there should be an exception to the rules?

https://www.airwaysim.com/game/Manual/General/Rules/#Competition

Not sure about you, but I'd rather have a level playing field for all players, especially after doing the grind in slot constrained airports.
I was thinking about it should only expire when there are really limited resources, if you can still fly for example 5+ frequency into the airport every hours then I don't think it matters a lot to have slot expiration or not.
Agreed with Schro. My company is wealthy enough to buy all slots in Warsaw, for example, which is not slot contrained yet in GW3, and to prevent any opposition from going there. Powerful companies are powerful enough. Don't give them more tools to oppress you.
However, once you buy all slots in WAW, WAW would become a crowded airport and thus your slots will start to expire. If it is afraided that players might use it to control some particular slot time for example early morning departure bank, then make slot expires once the hour become crowded hour too. IMO that would be better than making them expire universally.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.