Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Gazzz's tutorials : Scheduling  (Read 6577 times)

Online Sir William Claud Townson

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Gazzz's tutorials : Scheduling
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2018, 11:04:02 AM »
sorry to bump but I had to say ... this thread has blown my mind

seven days seven aircraft...  :o

I came so close to figuring this out myself and yet so very, very far away. I've been messing around with Airwaysim on and off for a bit. I wish there was a brand new The Jet Age game so I could do this right from the beginning. I'm looking at my mess of slots now with shame  :-[  :laugh:

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2018, 12:49:20 PM »
Took me 9 months of playing before my first try, and that was a very easy one(4 flights a week). Then 3 more years before using them for something else than very large aircraft. I just finished a 7-7 schedule with 7 MRJ70 in Leila Sebbar.I am getting used to them, finally.

But they are not always the best choice. It depends on the situation. And simpler methods may work up to 5000NM or so, though less efficiently.

Offline Hotcliff

• Members
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2018, 01:15:04 PM »
Took me 9 months of playing before my first try, and that was a very easy one(4 flights a week). Then 3 more years before using them for something else than very large aircraft. I just finished a 7-7 schedule with 7 MRJ70 in Leila Sebbar.I am getting used to them, finally.

But they are not always the best choice. It depends on the situation. And simpler methods may work up to 5000NM or so, though less efficiently.
Hi gazz!
I did my first trial in ,Chile, South America with 7 Connies up to 2100 nm. It was amazing, once you set up the week flights for a/c no 1, then duplicating them with one day lag for each one. It worked very well  :D
Too bad my 35 Connies drained my profits in maintenance costs, but I realized my mistake and started over in Zagreb with F27-F28ís  ;D

Offline Turbine

• Members

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2018, 02:16:08 PM »
How big of a penalty to LF is it to be leaving at 5:00 rather than 6:00? Because I can fly enough extra miles to add an extra route in some cases if I depart at 5:00, but that doesn't matter if I'm going to be penalized more than not flying it to begin with. I know its been said that its a small penalty, but what is small in this case?

Offline Hotcliff

• Members

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2018, 02:37:59 PM »
How big of a penalty to LF is it to be leaving at 5:00 rather than 6:00? Because I can fly enough extra miles to add an extra route in some cases if I depart at 5:00, but that doesn't matter if I'm going to be penalized more than not flying it to begin with. I know its been said that its a small penalty, but what is small in this case?
I do share your question indeed..
I have been wondering about this for a long time now, but never got a good answer. So, letís say how much does it affect a route between 06:00 and 05:00 and also, ldg between 23:55 and 01:00 ???
I have flown a lot in my life but never found a ticket cheaper if it landed after midnight  :laugh:

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2018, 07:29:33 PM »
to my knowledge, the penalty is around 10% at 0500 instead of 0600. I did some extensive testing on Detroit-Buffalo, a line where I hadno opposition at the time, and While I could raise the ticket price up to 440$ at 0600, The plane was no more full above 400$ per ticket at 0500. This, in the late 2020s,and before the pricing overhaul that went with the arrival of cargo.

Offline Turbine

• Members
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2018, 01:20:50 AM »
I do share your question indeed..
I have been wondering about this for a long time now, but never got a good answer. So, letís say how much does it affect a route between 06:00 and 05:00 and also, ldg between 23:55 and 01:00 ???
I have flown a lot in my life but never found a ticket cheaper if it landed after midnight  :laugh:

Hah! If only...then I'd only fly red-eyes.  ;)

to my knowledge, the penalty is around 10% at 0500 instead of 0600. I did some extensive testing on Detroit-Buffalo, a line where I hadno opposition at the time, and While I could raise the ticket price up to 440$ at 0600, The plane was no more full above 400$ per ticket at 0500. This, in the late 2020s,and before the pricing overhaul that went with the arrival of cargo.

Gotcha, thank you. Seems like it can be an issue in some cases especially when you're cash strapped or have some competition.

Offline Hotcliff

• Members
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2018, 07:25:19 AM »
Thanks gazzz,
10% is no disaster if I can squeeze in a 3rd route a day on some F27ís  :D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.