Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Player controlled Aircraft manufacturer  (Read 259 times)

Offline Gianpaolo77

• Members
[-] Player controlled Aircraft manufacturer
« on: April 27, 2017, 08:43:23 AM »
Hi Sami

I had an idea which might sound a little bit strange, but how about letting the player control an own aircraft manufacturer? The player should choose at the beginning of a Game-World or of the Game in general wether he will play the role of an Airline CEO or the role of an aircraft manufacturer CEO.

The player could so offer his own designs and planes with certain specs. and sell them among the players. So there could be also an interesting dynamic in cooperation between Airlines and Manufacturer in concern of taylormade solutions (low demand, longhaul routes ecc.).

It is just an idea, but could be worth of thinking about it ;)

Greetings from Germany
Gianpaolo
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 06:59:44 AM by Sami »

Offline debitants

• Members
Re: Player controlled Aircraft manufacturer
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 08:55:57 PM »
I had a similar idea, but just as a trial - on one of the game worlds allow players to act as manufacturers (although no deviations on a/c designs). Should be a simple tool, invest money to expand factory - increase rate of production, adjust pricing, reduce capacity significiant if there is too small demand, be more flexible on discounts... Maybe then the marked would look a bit more realistic. If you are Boeing, you would try to kill production line of B737Classics as soon NG`s are out (or F27/50 and F28/100 example). The same applies about pricing - example of B73C and NG`s. In GW2 now (2005) the price range for classics are 28-39m, for NG`s - 65-98m. If that was controlled by player, for sure he wouldn`t keep classics line alive.

Maybe if we would be able to try to make a business from other side as well, the game would be more tricky and challenging. The same could be said for  leasing companies.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Player controlled Aircraft manufacturer
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 06:59:27 AM »
That's out of the core scope of the sim already.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: [-] Player controlled Aircraft manufacturer
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 08:47:59 AM »
Sami has already answered, still I would like to insist : What you are asking for is another game, which would be a huge work to balance properly. And to make interesting. Not undoable, but a huge effort to do it right. Hence the "out of scope" answer.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.