Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Timeline  (Read 887 times)

KeanoManu

• Former member
Timeline
« on: July 28, 2008, 03:19:24 PM »
One thing i've never fully have understood about the information that are availible about the game yet is which timeline it is in. I understand that we can play from the seventies(?) and until somewhere close to today. But will we also be able to start the game today with present-day borders and just continue as long as the people in that game/world/server wants to?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Timeline
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 06:43:10 PM »
1950 to about 2010 or 2020 - the end date depends on how much economy and fuel price predicitions I insert to the database (<2008 all data is based on real-world stats). At the moment I've random-generated the data somewhere to 2015 I guess so at the moment that's the max year but as said it's easy to add that data further into the future (and whenever more realworld data becomes available it's then updated to there..).

The game start and end date varies between this time frame for each game. For example one game could be 1980-2000 or so. And I suppose in the future the different scenarios what we'll run depend quite much on what user want to play ..
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 07:38:09 PM by sami »

KeanoManu

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 02:20:11 PM »
Thanks for the quick answer.

Offline MRFREAK

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 08:57:12 PM »
How long. In real life would a year be???

Lige 1 day is 1 week or how would it be??

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 09:46:25 PM »
A day in the game is something like 20-40 minutes of real time, this even can be set individually for each game. You can count from there ;)

KeanoManu

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 12:02:18 AM »
I'm not good at all in math but i get that to a year being somewhere between 5 (20 minutes/day) to 10 (40 minutes/day) real-life days. That may be totally wrong though.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.