Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Aircraft out of HQ now stuck for 26 years (at 600)  (Read 2561 times)

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: Aircraft out of HQ now stuck for 26 years (at 600)
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2018, 08:44:24 PM »
Yes,that would make the last game erea intresting and not only be game filling for the Alliance.
we start in present day a new game with 500-600+ carriers and end with about 120-180?
this say something about the game as people not pay money just to sit till the end and do nothing.

There is almost no competition in the last stages of the game.  Mostly just autopilot for those that want to let the game run through this boring phase.  For Alliance points or perhaps some achievements.   

And that 4th fleet penalty should be removed as we have a outside HQ limit anyway,so that rule make no sense anymore then airliners go bankrupt sooner and leave the game,also newer players can develop there airliner more easier.

On this one, I am not sure if I agree.  Fleet commonality is an extra challenge, and it challenges highly skilled players the most.  Those who are able to build large airlines while maintaining tight fleet commonality.

Addition of cargo almost doubled this challenge, since the cargo aircraft comes late, forces you to keep a fleet longer.  Makes it harder to go through fleet transitions.

This challenge of commonality within 3 fleets already makes it challenging to reach 600 out of base aircraft (the limit could just as well be scrapped, and there would be no change to gameplay in 20th century).

But during the last stage, 2000-2036, when players reach their final fleet types, after the pain of numerous transitions, suddenly when they can grow, they can't because of the 600 limit.

And as I said, addition of cargo takes from the old pax limit.  In my case of my current airline, 1/3 of my aircraft is cargo, so my out of HQ limit for pax shrinks to 400.

Johan87

• Former member

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2018, 03:39:38 PM »
So opening new bases choice become more important as the the limited of 600 fleet is possibelle to protects our HQ from others who want to compete with someone else,so we have to think more about choice of bases.

So pro 700 to 800 means more growed in later years and make more easier to compete with other airliners and pressure them,which usually the exensions leads too.
Growing 100 to 200 more is probablly only be used by a smaller group of players.(including me)

other hand: 600 max outside HQ is protecting the largest group of players with ave. skills or time and also have a chance in later development.
At present time commuter development is mostly ignored by the large players as they can easy take a 20%LF on some shorter flights to utilize a plane to the max.
So with the 600 limitation the HQ development can gett more attention and also leads to more flights as there are plentyfull slot compared to previous games and this sector can gett more competition aswell and don't forget cargo demand will rise too.
Also the demand will grow if a base is very busy,so there will be option for expension.

So there still some gamming possible,as usually the bigger players are based t the largest bases available.
Extra challenge can be to try to gett the largest outside base(maybe idea for a new achievement ;))

Would be great if can be cleared up by Sami if this can happen or not,as this is important for game developent.

Johan87

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2018, 04:51:59 PM »
Oh i forgot this almost to post:

In gw3 last week a Glasgow based carrier with a hub in LHR went bankrupt.
at the same real day a Big LHR carrier closed his base in Glasgow.
In the knowledge that LHR have no slots available.

Can i make the conclusion that this Glasgow carrier had to go bankrupt so that there become slots available in LHR again?
Very plausable,right?
In order to prevent this then yeah keep the max at 600 even the game have growen bigger trough cargo adition. 
So in order to stop this practise,as it isn't the 1st time i would like to say keep the 600 max outside base limit.

Online JumboShrimp

• Members

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2018, 08:39:25 PM »
Any chance this is going to happen, or should we plan on being stuck at 600 for next ~25 years in GW3?

PS:

A good case can be made for completely scrapping the Out of HQ limit, now with the introduction of cargo.  The fleet transitions are so long now that it is extremely challenging to maintain 1000 aircraft fleet between 1950-2015.  Then, after 2015, when there is some stability and players can finally add without subtracting, why limit any kind of fun / challenge players can have with this cap?

Also, any player who started at a smaller airport and has done well (as is generally advised to avoid cutthroat competition), this player is 10x more limited if his HQ supports only, say 100 aircraft.  For example, if someone starts in Turkey outside of the big 3 airports, he will never be able to challenge airlines starting at IST, ESP, AYT for biggest airline in Turkey.

Offline George Bush

• Members

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2018, 09:58:03 PM »
Totally agree.

Offline paddk989

• Members

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 01:40:30 AM »
I agree also. This subject needs to be revisited by Sami please.

Online JumboShrimp

• Members

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2018, 11:20:43 PM »
GW3 is now at 600 aircraft limit.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2018, 10:47:29 PM »
Changed as follows:
 - Four data points
 - Growth between points is linear
 - Minimum 100, maximum 1000, rounded to nearest 5.
 - Data points:
   1950 => 100,
   1990 => 350,
   2015 => 600,
   2034 => 1000,

=> Growth continues (almost) all the way to the end.

(the base points feature is another thing and is considered separately)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 11:02:24 PM by Sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.