Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Game type comments thread  (Read 2730 times)

Offline qunow

• Members
Re: Game type comments thread
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2017, 05:28:11 AM »
Well that is for 1 flight calculated.
I try t say it as simple as possible.
if a plane flies London -Hong non stop it burns on ave. less then it flies london Bahrain non stop.
Because it simply flies longer at cruise speed.
When you fly from London-sydney with 1 stop it doesn't matter where it is as it need to descent and climb 2 times.
More easier then this i cannot explain.
That's contradictory to what I was told in https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,71585.msg414581.html#msg414581 ....
If you look at the image I linked, then on a 777, the average fuel burn in two 5000nm segment flight would be less than 30lb/nm, while when flight length bis less than 1000nm or more than 5500nm the average fuel burn would be more than this figure.
Likewise for http://static.cdn-seekingalpha.com/uploads/2015/5/9932311_14326930909641_1.png this A380 diagram, it cost only about 3.2L/100pax-km fuel for a ~5000nm flight while it cost more than 3.4 for flight length above 8500 and below 2500.

Offline arefixz

• Members
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2017, 08:44:34 AM »
Look at that chart again and think why 1500nm route uses more fuel/100km/pax. Its because takeoff and climb consumes lots of fuel. An A380 uses more than 10,000kg of fuel just to takeoff and climb, then at cruise fuel will be used efficiently. Try use A380 from LHR to CDG, fuel used is ridiculously high for such short distance.

Now when doing stopover, 2x takeoff surely you know what will happen. Furthermore stopover landing fee also need to be count considering how heavy is A380 will cost thousand dollars etc.

Offline qunow

• Members
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2017, 11:20:07 PM »
Look at that chart again and think why 1500nm route uses more fuel/100km/pax. Its because takeoff and climb consumes lots of fuel. An A380 uses more than 10,000kg of fuel just to takeoff and climb, then at cruise fuel will be used efficiently. Try use A380 from LHR to CDG, fuel used is ridiculously high for such short distance.

Now when doing stopover, 2x takeoff surely you know what will happen. Furthermore stopover landing fee also need to be count considering how heavy is A380 will cost thousand dollars etc.
And then think about why it would use more fuel on ultra long sector.

Offline Tulip Air CEO

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2017, 07:04:48 AM »
If you know it better,why you keep asking over and over again the same thing?
Seems like you made up your mind already,i try to be polite and help you.
Stop wasting other peoples time if you are going to do what you had in your mind anyway.

That's contradictory to what I was told in https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,71585.msg414581.html#msg414581 ....
If you look at the image I linked, then on a 777, the average fuel burn in two 5000nm segment flight would be less than 30lb/nm, while when flight length bis less than 1000nm or more than 5500nm the average fuel burn would be more than this figure.
Likewise for http://static.cdn-seekingalpha.com/uploads/2015/5/9932311_14326930909641_1.png this A380 diagram, it cost only about 3.2L/100pax-km fuel for a ~5000nm flight while it cost more than 3.4 for flight length above 8500 and below 2500.

Offline Tulip Air CEO

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2017, 07:09:26 AM »
Sent a msg to administration and ask there.
Everybody tried to be nice to you and all you do is attack there advice.
This way you might loose another kind player as he might think: why i give advice if noone listen anyway.
Do us a favour and act like a grown up too please.
Thank you for your concideration

And then think about why it would use more fuel on ultra long sector.

Offline qunow

• Members
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2017, 08:26:42 AM »
ah I see, I was expecting the admin to see the message as it is supposedly a gametype comment thread but apparently it is not the case. Sorry for any trouble caused by this.

Offline Talentz

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2017, 06:47:23 PM »
ah I see, I was expecting the admin to see the message as it is supposedly a gametype comment thread but apparently it is not the case. Sorry for any trouble caused by this.

Hello.

Sami generally does read most of the forum posts and reply's. That said, the majority of questions can and are answered by the player base. When the answers are wrong or misleading, he will jump in to give guidance to the thread's direction.

The take away is this: If the player base can't (or doesn't) answer your specific question correctly or to the degree that Sami would agree with, he'll respond in kind.

As you've noticed, the player base can and usually does answer most of the questions posted. If your unsatisfied with the responses content, then a PM is that next level of clarification.

Hopefully, this helps.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Groupô - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.