Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] "Create same route next day" ignores "don't buy slots" checkmark  (Read 400 times)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
If the old route (route being copied from) was created with no slots, the newly created route should keep all of the parameters, including do not buy slots. 

Currently, the new route starts with the checkmark off (even though the old route had the checkmark on).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 06:22:10 PM by Sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: "Create same route next day" ignores "don't buy slots" checkmark
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 06:22:05 PM »
There's really no such flag that route was created with no slots. If you check that it simply doesn't buy the slots, and when you copy the route it will see that it does not have slots but it cannot know if it is intentional or if slots are only expired. So based on this, not a bug and shouldn't be changed as it would be illogical in some cases.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: [-] "Create same route next day" ignores "don't buy slots" checkmark
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 08:17:05 PM »
This option ONLY appears after I have just created a route.  Note, the option I mean is "Create the same route next day", not option "Create the same route".

Given this, there is no ambiguity of what might have happened with the slots.  The status of the slots of the route is exactly what I have chosen seconds ago.  I think the default option for another route on the next day should be "what I just did a second ago".  I know that the system does not store the flag, but it stores the slot status at both airports, whether the route has them or not.  So there is a place to copy this info from.

The usefulness of this is in creating schedules for aircraft I don't have yet, especially 7 day schedule for LH aircraft.

The option of buying or not buying slots accommodates this very nicely, except it is not fully functional when creating individual routes using the old style, 7 x 1 at the time.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 08:43:32 PM »
Might be possible to add a flag for the link at the "route was saved ok - click here to copy" page/link. But otherwise, as explained above.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 08:49:36 PM »
The system fills in all the other info, such as departure times, turnaround time, number of seats blocked, day(s) of week for the new route that is being copied.  So I am thinking by extension, the 2 checkmarks for buying slots could also be pre-filled in the same manner when the page for the new route is generated.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.