Manage routes- With selected, buy slots

Started by NovemberCharlie, February 14, 2017, 12:53:53 PM

NovemberCharlie

With seven day schedules being easier to make at once, it would be nice to have an option to buy slots for all selected Routes.
In this way I don't have to open each of the routes assigned to an aircraft to edit and buy slots, but I can do it all at once.

Nice for long haul 7 day schedules, pretty much essential for short any medium haul variations

Cheers,

NC

MuzhikRB

another addition to this

currently we have option - "Show only routes with no slots"

can we have another option - "Show routes with no slots and assigned to Aircraft only"

When making a lot of 7day in advance - we can have tons of no slot routes, and while playing in bloody bases - sometimes after slot drop you need quickly buy slots. and these routes (already assigned to AC)  can be distributed among 10-20 pages of all routes with no slots.

its really takes tons of useless clicking to proceed simple tasks.

it must be decision-making-win game, not fast-clicking-win game.

NovemberCharlie

Quote from: MuzhikRB on February 22, 2017, 08:43:43 AM
another addition to this

currently we have option - "Show only routes with no slots"

can we have another option - "Show routes with no slots and assigned to Aircraft only"

When making a lot of 7day in advance - we can have tons of no slot routes, and while playing in bloody bases - sometimes after slot drop you need quickly buy slots. and these routes (already assigned to AC)  can be distributed among 10-20 pages of all routes with no slots.

its really takes tons of useless clicking to proceed simple tasks.

it must be decision-making-win game, not fast-clicking-win game.

I agree. Though a solution for the time being: Say my aircraft are registered PT-ABC, I put "PT-" in the search field and than filter on routes with no slots. But having a checkbox would be better.

MuzhikRB

your way doesnt help when you have 100+ Acs in one fleet family.

it looks like 20 planes can each have 1-2 unslotted routes - and if from different 7days, it takes time to find them between all unslotted routes...

NovemberCharlie

Quote from: MuzhikRB on February 22, 2017, 11:10:07 AM

it looks like 20 planes can each have 1-2 unslotted routes - and if from different 7days, it takes time to find them between all unslotted routes...
It worked for me in a fleet of over 200 aircraft... As long as a flight is assigned to an aircraft it will be connected to a registration and if you let the free text search for a generic part in the reg and also for routes without slots, it should filter out scheduled routes without slots.

JumboShrimp

Nice suggestion Charlie.  Currently, I have to open each route listed using my condition in a separate tab, and then click it through.

The issue may be that there may not be slots available on some of them.  But the solution could be minimalistic, without ton of error reporting.  Maybe no more than something like:
"9 of 11 routes succeeded.  Total amount spent on slots is $1,500,000"

Then refreshing again the Manage Routes screen with the same condition (after the slots were purchased) would only show the ones that failed, the ones since without slots.

NovemberCharlie

Perhaps as an intermediate solution, can we get the option to turn off slot messages?
I made a 737 7 day schedule and forgot to check the do not buy slots checkbox and now I am awaiting new deliveries to put those routes on.
In the meanwhile I am very annoyed by the slot messages. I know I f*cked up, please don't remind me so often  ;D

Cheers

qunow

Quote from: MuzhikRB on February 22, 2017, 11:10:07 AM

Just go to routes > unflown routes...

NovemberCharlie

Quote from: qunow on April 08, 2017, 06:09:31 AM
Just go to routes > unflown routes...
Well if I have a seven day schedule this will also display routes that I do NOT want to buy routes for.
maybe a filter to display scheduled routes, with no slots?

qunow

Quote from: NovemberCharlie on April 15, 2017, 01:37:57 PM
Well if I have a seven day schedule this will also display routes that I do NOT want to buy routes for.
maybe a filter to display scheduled routes, with no slots?
In the filter, go to fleet group, select subvariant of aircraft types you are scheduled. This would work if you have more than 1 variant of the same aircraft type. Because any created-but-unscheduled routes will not be assign to subvariants, By filtering individual subvariants you can see only those that have been scheduled.

gazzz0x2z

Quote from: qunow on August 20, 2017, 12:14:12 PM
In the filter, go to fleet group, select subvariant of aircraft types you are scheduled. This would work if you have more than 1 variant of the same aircraft type. Because any created-but-unscheduled routes will not be assign to subvariants, By filtering individual subvariants you can see only those that have been scheduled.

That's what I am doing right now(unless I feel like doing it directly from the scheduling screen), but it's still a clickfest.

qunow

yup. Hopefully there could be a better way soon...
At least hope there can be a way that can easily be done via mobile...

NovemberCharlie

Sami, for the love of my free time can we please get this feature  :o

seafax

Bump!!

I was just working on some 7-day schedules and was thinking the same thing.  This would be such a great quality-of-life feature!

NovemberCharlie

A year later so time for a bump.
I'm working more and more on mobile and buying 186 slots is just awful.

Recap: manage routes --> with selected, buy slots