overnight route

Started by Yarnam, January 12, 2017, 02:52:59 PM

Yarnam

I'm sure this question has been made before but I couldn't find it.

On the 753 at what point roughly (#of Pass) are you better off running some type of route rather then letting the aircraft sit all night? Is it worth running this aircraft in the low demand portion of the day just so it is getting used? I'm not able to use time zones to run an effective night flight.

gazzz0x2z

For jets of standard speed : 1500NM for a East-West route. Minimum. Take off around 2300, land at 0600. Conversely, if you fly to the west, take off around 1800, so that the come back takes off around 2300.

Example, Memphis Seattle. 1622NM, to the West, but not strictly. Take off at 1815, land in Seattle at 2100, fly back at 2255, land at 0520. BTW, I have a 739 on the line, and it's nearly identical(with a slower flight, but a quicker turnaround, it's 1855-2145-2255-0525)

I know it's not exactly your question, but taking off during the night is not a good idea. For this line, it's already at the limit. For 1800NM routes really horizontal, there is virtually no risk(other than running off slots). 6 times a day. Plus fill your day a standard way. It's one thousand times better than taking off at 3 in the morning. North-South lines are far more tricky(and ideally coupled with an East-West route).

Johan87

just after 2300 and 0000 and also departures before 0600/0500,depending on demand d base.
See you have BKK in beginner's world,so try and play a little as the settings are more easier over there.
Haven't been in a beginner's world for a long time.

gazzz0x2z

Quote from: Seven on January 13, 2017, 09:14:38 AM
just after 2300 and 0000 and also departures before 0600/0500,depending on demand d base.
See you have BKK in beginner's world,so try and play a little as the settings are more easier over there.
Haven't been in a beginner's world for a long time.

Now that I have a mentee in BW1, I can have a look. Seoul is maybe possible, Pudong probably too near, Mumbai certainly to try(with a flight to Pudong during the day), New Dehli might be tried too, Karachi obviously qualifies(with a 1000NM flight during the day), as well as Islamabad. OP's 757 are just perfect for those flights to Pakistan - he just needs to find a nearer destination for flying during the day. Lahore lacks a little bit demant(but if MD90 are on the UM, they's do the job, they belong to the same fleet group as OP's 717), Pusan seems to fit(MD90), and it's probably everything(though I didn't make a full research).

Not that much, but still, it would make 5 planes used 18 hours per day instead of 12, something really good for increasing profits and financing further growth. Plane owning costs are fixed(leasing or depreciation, insurance, staff), and the more tou are using those planes, the better.

Yarnam

Thanks everyone, I'm off to experiment :)

aeropostale

From BKK there are a lot of routes 500-2000NM with decent demand, so you can even create 7 day schedules for these with a bit of work. The only problem is that the 753 is too big for some of these routes, should be ok in a begginer world, but would not recommend it in a full game world.

Yarnam

Just a follow up question.

Do the strong players do a full 7 day rotation schedule on all aircraft (not long haul) or do they do a 7 day same route schedule with a night flight run for 6 nights?

Hopefully that made sense lol

Apalvaldr

I am by no means a strong player, but I usually don't make 7-day scheduling on medium-haul airlines, let alone regional. It is just too much hassle. That being said when I was based in POM, I used to make semi 7-day scheduling for my B737 fleet. I flew long or very long routes with those birds tho, to Australia, New Zealand, and even Hawaii. I call it semi 7-day scheduling as I used a mix of 7-day scheduling and 6-night flights per week.

Also, I usually keep 7/6 night/daily flights. It depends, however, on proximity of airports.

Yarnam

That's exactly what I'm finding. Thanks for confirming it for me.  :)

Johan87

Quote from: Yarnam on January 15, 2017, 01:08:00 AM
Just a follow up question.

Do the strong players do a full 7 day rotation schedule on all aircraft (not long haul) or do they do a 7 day same route schedule with a night flight run for 6 nights?

Hopefully that made sense lol

I am not a strong player,but actually you can.
Just depends on your location and destination.
just simple example you can leave Amsterdam at 2230 pm and reach London Heatrow at 2245pm.or 2330 by 2335 if to stansted or Gatwick.
then you can make the return flight back as soon as the airport opens like 6 am or if have no time limited depart at 5AM as i have written in a previous post in this topic.
This way you can make a good schedule.