Need a guestimate

Started by Yarnam, December 28, 2016, 02:18:38 PM

Yarnam

In BW2 roughly how much should I budget for my second expansion (3rd Base Airport) at a level 3?

qunow

a few tens of million? You also need to tell which game world (there're two for beginning), which year, which airport you want to open the base to have a better answer.

Yarnam

Well if it's less than 100M it's not an issue.

gazzz0x2z

I'd say it's the cash flow that is important, not the reserves. Raising Memphis from level 2 to level 3 in the 2020s raised my fixed costs by 8M$. Weekly. That's extreme because my company is rather big(800+ birds, from 70 to 440 seats), but don't do that if you don't plan to land at least 30 or 40 large aircraft. I don't know if the fact that I had alreay 150+ medium planes based here did play a role.

Yarnam

Yea it an iffy proposition for me but I have no room for expansion at my current bases. On the other hand I will only gain about 23 A318 flights so I am really questioning it. There is also competition at that airport which I haven't had to deal with yet. Anyway thanks for your excellent information. I had forgotten (I am returning after an absence) that most people here are very helpful.