Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: fuel expenses  (Read 869 times)

Offline saetta

• Members
fuel expenses
« on: December 07, 2016, 05:16:50 AM »
These unrealistic fuel prices are getting old !! I know they affect all equally ...but many many have already gone bust dodging this.
..yes the cleansing effect of high prices is a good thing to a certain point, since it reeks havoc in badly managed airlines. But now i am beginning to see some well managed ones suffering .
What the point Sami...you want 50 % of the remaining carriers go bust ? For what reason ?
 I think the man have already been separated from the boys ...and now it's a bit sadistic !!
I probably get a barrage of smart ass answers on this one ...but this is how I feel ..
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 05:20:54 AM by saetta »

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: fuel expenses
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 11:47:41 AM »
Unrealistic? The fuel prices in GW2 have followed the real history since 1980s..

(we use the combination of custom and historical prices. Sometimes fully custom and sometimes fully accurate historical and sometimes in between..one never knows)

Online schro

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 01:45:27 PM »
So, I'm basically napping in this game world, but my current fuel expenses are around 28% of revenue. That's generally on the high side of comfort for most airlines - for those without substantial fleet ownership, it means likely financial trouble unless they are running uncontested on most routes. Generally up to 35%ish of revenue is sustainable in the modern game world times for decently run airlines.

If your fuel as a percent of revenue is substantially higher than mine right now, you've got either 1. A revenue problem (it not being high enough) or 2. You're flying 1st or 2nd gen jets longer than you should (not the case based on a quick look at your airline).

Offline Scott

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 09:03:28 PM »
I get all of what has been said about the fuel prices but surely it doesn't make sense to have half the community bankrupt and not return due to late stage of the world?  If people don't play then they don't pay.  It's all a bit boring when you just have to survive rather than explore different fleet types etc...

Offline saetta

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 11:37:07 PM »
DITTO !!

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 07:22:12 PM »
Like mentioned, the fuel can be either historical or custom. (but players don't know that to keep they on their toes)

Currently it is at the all time high historically too. (= in other words; will probably go down soon)

Offline [ATA] APB Airlines

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 08:15:40 PM »
I have been wanting higher prices. I think about double right now would be good.
APB Airlines

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.