Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: First Airline you ever ran  (Read 262 times)

Offline rntair

• Members
First Airline you ever ran
« on: November 23, 2016, 10:30:40 PM »
How terrible was it? I'd like to hear your story below.

Thanks,
rntair
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 10:08:51 PM by rntair »
"Check out my route map"

CEO of the Viva Group

Offline simonfs

• Members
Re: First Airline you ever ran
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 06:01:18 AM »
Mine was based at BMA and called "Karlberg Flyg". Everything went alright, flew 20 something F27 and Herons before I had the genious idea of leasing 30 something E110 Bandeirante. My small profit quickly turned into the red and I BKed quicker than anyone could say "crashlanding"  ;D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 06:54:16 AM by simonfs »

Offline qunow

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 06:12:36 AM »
Flying my first airline in begineer world... so far so good except wasted millions on slot fee and having too many different aircrafttypes in the fleet....

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 07:35:09 AM »
well, I'm not sure a trial in the beginners world does work. I did have fun in Athens, but it was ridiculously easy.

My first real company was in Glasgow, GW3. I did make quite a few blunders, but survived by identifying them quick enough. Going IL-62M in 1998 did cost me around 20M$, when I was 3M$ in weekly profit, and terminating the leases and laying off the pilots nearly killed me. But I did it quickly enough. Accepting losses immediatly to avoid more loss later saved my back, then.

I made several other blunders, like flying with tech stops, opening level 3 bases in airports where the potential for 737 was 3-4 planes(Corfu, iirc), but somehow managed to survive, and finally thrived when I began to replace my leased CRJ100s by bought A148. This move took me 10 years, but made me change of dimension. Ended the game with 600+ A148, around 200 737, quite a few 777, 12% margin, and a few stupid-but-fun transatlantic 737 routes.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.