Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] "Terrorist Attack" boosts passengers?  (Read 423 times)

Online ZombieSlayer

• Members
[ok] "Terrorist Attack" boosts passengers?
« on: October 23, 2016, 10:15:33 PM »
Looks like just 3 months following the US Terrorist attacks passenger demand has not only 100% rebounded but is actually up. Seems like this event should last significantly longer?  I do think remember load factors rebounding nearly this fast IRL.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 07:33:04 PM by Sami »
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: "Terrorist Attack" boosts passengers?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 06:38:22 AM »
The event is programmed on end on 2001-12-31 (too fast?), with demand going back to 100% level gradually (reaching 100% at the end). Didn't see the game date on that screen capture, but that's probably from the very end.

Online ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 12:15:32 PM »
It was, December 26 or 27 so right at the end. I think this format works far better than the hard code simply because it is transparent and well communicated. Length wise though I think it is too short. The 6-8 month recovery that was expected when it was hard coded is more in line with real life for 9/11 so maybe make it through 2/28 or 3/31 in the future? Or, if it ends on 12/31 maybe add in some longer lasting yield pressure?
CEO PacAir

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 03:50:31 PM »
I'd think 6-12 months of impact would be appropriate. There was a lot of long lasting impact from the event that went on far longer than that...

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 05:02:39 PM »
So how about an increased fuel price for a longer period (i know its random but could be an extra factor) and increased interest on loans. Product lines scaled down, inflation that decreases? something like that?

Online ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 07:37:12 PM »
A big component to 9/11 IRL was the downward pressure on airline yields. Fares were artificially depressed for years only truly recovering following the Great Recession of 08-09. Fully modeling the after effects of 9/11 may be a bit too extreme for public games (maybe more in the private/corporate sector of AWS) but I definitely feel there needs to be a more drawn out recovery. As I said earlier, the previously hard coded effect was more in line with reality as far as passenger recovery time. I recall planes being nearly full again around Spring Break, so 6-7 months, with another worse than normal lull before the summer peak season hit. So, with the move to an "event" with a programmed end date, 9/11/01 - 3/31/02 seems like a realistic and acceptable date range with a slower initial passenger recovery followed by a similar recovery line to what happened in this game (ie. big drop on 9/11, slow recovery until ~ December, then real recovery begins with an event end date ~ March 31st)
CEO PacAir

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 07:32:58 PM »
9/11 event is now longer, and first few days more intense.

(also the "boost" is because your demand estimate by your staff is not really accurate but the event demand is actually the accurate demand.. but I've changed that)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 07:36:21 PM by Sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.