Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Random events  (Read 973 times)

timecurve

• Former member
Random events
« on: July 03, 2008, 08:42:21 PM »
Are you guys planning to add random events to the game? Typically any sim would have some kind of random events happening, like earthquakes, wars, or personnel strikes, events that may affect the work flow of an airport? What about weather? Will there be any random weather effects, fog, snow blizzards etc.? This would definitely add a nice touch to the game.

ollik

• Former member
Re: Random events
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 09:46:54 PM »
I think there are only real-world events in the game so far as wars and stuff is considered. Of course flights can be delayed randomly due to technical issues and airport traffic reasons. I think weather is not considered on its own at least right now. Who knows what features will come later. Remember that in an airline simulator weather will only affect how flights are cancelled or delayed so you wouldn't actually see any graphical effects!

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 01:46:02 AM »
A strike feature will also be added (im pretty sure), that is if you dont pay and hire enough staff  :laugh:
Founder of the Star Alliance!

love_bus

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 03:39:10 AM »
Their was a thread about this suggestion. I believe it also covered Aircraft accidents due to poor Maintainence, delays due to weather etc..

Also an interesting thought is the service factor, what if our airlines get a star rating for service (similar to the SkyTrax system).. the lower the service stars, the worser image, thus lower LF on your flights. Of course Price can also be given a rating, so our LCC's and cheapo airlines don't miss out on the game due to slack service... just a thought.   :)

Budjet

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 03:22:35 PM »
I like the weather idea, and I think, EVERY NOW AND THEN! if an airlines maintainence is slightly dodgy and there's a strong wind or bad storm (Such as when the A340 Air France crashed in Toronto) a plane is brought down  ;D

And there should be a graph which say how many crashes have happened during the years, and the top 25 airlines for crahses (if that many have crashes  :laugh:)

Do you think this topic should be moved to "Feature Requests"

JVassie

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 03:24:17 PM »
Probably a good idea as thats what it is  :D

Concord crashing, and all the other major (and minor) events would definitely add realism here.

Budjet

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 03:25:26 PM »
And we ALL agree... "The more realistic, the better!"  ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.