Automatic schedule conversion testing!

Started by Sami, October 07, 2016, 02:09:10 PM

josh99

Just tried the feature in GW3.  Worked like a dream, saving much time.

Ideally, I would like to see an option to "use your default turn-around time"  both at my home base/HQ and turn-around airport.

Zombie Slayer

If you click "use default turn time" and you have a set turn time saved, it will use that turn time instead of system default.
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

Zombie Slayer

Quote from: ZombieSlayer on October 12, 2016, 01:24:17 AM
Bug:

While converting MSN 50180, DC-10-30ER Reg No G-DYFA to an A340-300, I get the error message that LHR is closed at the arrival time. Manually converting routes 609960 (LHR-EZE-LHR) and 543015 (LHR-DIG-MEL-DIG-LHR) show arrival times of 0600 and 2250 respectively, both within LHR's curfew hours.

Edit: GW2

Edit 2: It seems this may be related to tech stops. MSN 50407 also gives me an error about LHR being closed yet the earliest arrival for any flight is 0725. In both cases, there are two tech stop flight assigned to the aircraft.

Another error associated with tech stops.

GW2 DC-10-30 MSN 47491 G-DZLA. Route 495145 LHR-KHI-PER-KHI-LHR creates an "overlap" preventing the line from being converted. Manually converting the route keeps the same arrival time of 0720, next flight departs at 0920. Error reads:

Cannot assign this route for this aircraft. The route would overlap another flight or maintenance check already in the schedule.

Please assign the route to another aircraft or change the route days or departure times.

The (first) overlap is at Th / 09:20.

Maintain Original Departure Time checked.

Edit: I would be willing to bet the issue is the routes turn time being applied to the tech stop instead of a 90 minute turn. In both cases it makes sense, the first error being the flight arrives while the airport is closed and the second causing an overlap. If 90 minutes is used at the tech stop, it works. If 150 or 120 minutes is used, it causes the respective errors. In addition, I had no problem transferring tech stop flights from DC-8 to L1011 in GW1 where the extra speed of the L1011 would easily cover the additional time spent at the tech stop.
Don Collins of Ohio III, by the Grace of God of the SamiMetaverse of HatF and MT and of His other Realms and Game Worlds, King, Head of the Elite Alliance, Defender of the OOB, Protector of the Slots

josh99

Quote from: ZombieSlayer on October 12, 2016, 04:01:24 PM
If you click "use default turn time" and you have a set turn time saved, it will use that turn time instead of system default.

I have set a default tern-around time of 50 mins.   The Minimum turn-around time: 30 min,  When transitioning from an E190 to a CS100 (set a turn around time of 55mins) the new schedule on the CS100 was a turn-around time of 50 mins at the 'destination' airport,  yet the time between flights at home base was the minimum turn-around time of 30 mins.

It would be nice if the default time we set for turn-around would also apply at our home bases /HQ

Zombie Slayer

I see what you are saying. That is because the CS100/300 is slower than the E-Jets. This is not an issue you could have forseen when scheduling the E190's since this feature did not exist then. For future scheduling I will be scheduling flights according to future fleet plans to avoid the situation you are in. In the mean time, you can manually adjust schedules to meet your minimum turn times or leave them as is and just run with a slightly higher number of delayed flights.

Sami

Quote from: Joshua Jordan on October 12, 2016, 08:15:02 PM
It would be nice if the default time we set for turn-around would also apply at our home bases /HQ

Conversion is done on per-route basis and it always retains the original departure time of the first leg of each route. And if the new a/c is slower it means that the home base turnaround is then made shorter (if you decide to maintain the original outstation turnaround too). Though the speed profile for CS and ERJ series very similar (high level cruise is the only difference) and on short routes the flight times are the same, but on long routes they can differ.

General note: Techstop conversions are buggy, I see several error log entries. (Please do not use for those routes for now.) Will be fixed later this week.

Sami

Update

• Bugfix on conversion with routes having techstops and while using "maintain original dep.time" setting.

• Enhanced the error message when airport is closed due to curfew (details on which route is the reason).

ban2

GW2

757-300 to 767-400er.

Worked perfectly for me, although I did need to go and change turnaround times as I used keep original timings option.

757-300 to 737-400.

No problems here, again I used original timings.

Luperco

Good feature. Thanks

I want to try it but I have a question: whats happen if I choose to use default turnaround time with the return slots? I have to pay them again if the departure time changes considerably?

I want to move Britannias to 767.

Thanks
Saluti
Emanuele

Tim

I've got an idea: is it possible to show list of all scheduled flights before and after conversion (I mean make this popup window a bit bigger and add some info)? With old and new departure/arrival times changing interactively with selected options (keep same arrival time / same departure time / etc) ?

That would be really useful!

Sami

No major bugs anymore, so this feature will be enabled for public use tomorrow.

The error messages will be fine-tuned later.

wapp11

Quote from: Sami on October 17, 2016, 07:20:18 PM
No major bugs anymore, so this feature will be enabled for public use tomorrow.

Of course a week after I finished changing 250 or so,DC-9s to MD-90s!
Great feature! Will be changing my plans now with fleet renewal.  This will make the game so much better as I'm always short on time and fleet transitions were painful! Thanks!

gazzz0x2z

Just tried. 737-400 to MAX9. Worked like a charm.

Thanks a lot.

RuneF

It would be nice if it suggested the same fleet as the one you try to move schedule from, and then let you choose if you want different, Now it remembers the last type you moved a schedule to.

Edit: This is getting a bit annoying when u flip planes for c or d maintainance

ottoLi

Cardinal

Quote from: RuneF on October 18, 2016, 05:24:14 PM
It would be nice if it suggested the same fleet as the one you try to move schedule from, and then let you choose if you want different, Now it remembers the last type you moved a schedule to.

Edit: This is getting a bit annoying when u flip planes for c or d maintainance

I am also not a fan of it remembering the last type you moved a schedule to.

I know a lot of people wanted the ability to move schedules to another type, but the only time I move schedules is for D-checks or to clear a page on the scheduling screen to more easily schedule 7 planes together. For fleet renewal I always reschedule to take full advantage of the capabilities of the new fleet and to take into account the change in demand and competition in the previous 20 or so years. I also do a lot of splitting up of aircraft schedules (for example, moving shorter 757 flights to A320s and longhaul 757 flights to A330s). I can't see that changing for me. I would much rather have the selector default to the type I'm moving from.

Although I do like the ability to select sub-types now, so when I'm moving 727 schedules I can restrict it to only 727-200s and not accidentally move a 722 schedule to a 721.

spiff23

Awesome new feature!

Working like it should on DC-10-->777; will be trying MD-80-->A320s this weekend.

Sami, there is a children's book called give a mouse a cookie...hopefully you have a copy  ;) :)

to that end...I'm with the above post to see if in a next version, there is a way to recognize fleet of plane selected as default replacement option?  I also keep spares for D checks and I've already accidently moved a DC-10 to a 747 as I wasn't paying attention

Although now I'm being more careful...so not the end of the world if too difficult as I will take the ability to upgrade a DC-10 in <1 minute to taking 5-10 of repetitive clicking when using 7 day scheduling...this is the best improvement in a long time...so THANK YOU!

Sami

Any new issues with this feature so far?

JumboShrimp

Works great from my usage.

I like some intelligence the system applies to selecting the fleet type the system selects as default.  (either remembers the one last used or suggests something that is a very good guess).

Sub-fleet selection works great as well.  Helps in case I want to just move schedules of some aircraft in D checks to another aircraft that has no schedule yet.  One minor improvements would be a toggle / checkmark / filter narrowing the selection to either:
- all aircraft
- aircraft ready to fly (excluding aircraft that is in maintenance or pending delivery)

RuneF

As said it works great except its not suggesting same fleet if available first. That makes the clicks saved with conversion used on normal c-d flip