Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Automatic schedule conversion testing!  (Read 3496 times)

Offline rntair

• Members
Re: Automatic schedule conversion testing!
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2016, 10:57:31 PM »
This helped me so much when I was moving my routes from A320s to MD90s  ;D
"Check out my route map"

CEO of the Viva Group

Offline Mr Yoda

• Members
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2016, 07:10:21 PM »
Great feature!  :) Helped me out a lot phasing 777s out for A330 NEOs.

Except for the fact that my default turn-around (max for A330) for some reason during the swap was only applied to the destination airport and not the origin airport. At home airport, the turn-around differed from 1.40 to 2.10hrs between different legs, which is lower than the default. 

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2016, 08:18:09 AM »
Feedback after having used this a few times now:

It seems to work fine and do exactly as intended. But, personally, I'm a bit of a micro-manager so with my 7 day schedules I've found myself manually fine-tuning the times of many of the routes anyway so the feature saves little or no time for me.  This is particularly necessary as I try to maximise the scheduling and leave no gaps whatsoever whenever practical.  Of course when moving to a slightly slower aircraft or one that required a longer turnaround, this can get VERY fiddly (for example I was moving DC-9 to MD-80).  It should work like a dream when the move is to faster aircraft such as 737-400 to 737-800 OR A320, although I do tend to schedule LOTS of overnight redeyes with 5am arrival - that will also be an issue.

One thing I'd like to see which is sort of related to this new feature is a way to change the times of all seven routes in a 7-day schedule on one screen, thus making all the rearranging mentioned above equally easy.  Also (something I've mentioned before) a button on the edit route page "Automatically re-schedule the route(s) after edit" so that they go back into the exact same place they were before, without more work.  I think those two features combined would actually save more time overall than this new feature does.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.