Schedule of next game worlds

Started by Sami, March 07, 2009, 01:28:04 PM

castelino009

sending threating mails??? is that sporty?? its a game enjoy it, competition is needed and very imp but not with emails etc etc

jewiden

Quote from: sami on April 05, 2009, 05:38:14 PM
Like which..?  If you find something, then report them please...

Like those that are reported and said to be adressed in v1.1.
I'm more than happy to report bugs, but not so happy to double-report bugs :) (I do know how to search the forums)

RisteMakedonski

Well, game #2 just ended so I'm hoping the new game(s) will be up on Friday.  :)

Sami

UPDATE

Sorry guys, I've been having a fever for the last days and there hasn't been any progress .. So at the moment there's yet nothing to announce. But hopefully I will get better soon and am able to get back to work asap.

chapelhillnews

Have you thought about perhaps just keeping the version the same and starting a new game while you continue to work on the development. I enjoyed it the way it was too, although I am also looking forward to the changes. But I'd play the same version to satisfy my addiction to the game.

toyotaboy95

Quote from: chapelhillnews on April 07, 2009, 12:40:18 PM
Have you thought about perhaps just keeping the version the same and starting a new game while you continue to work on the development. I enjoyed it the way it was too, although I am also looking forward to the changes. But I'd play the same version to satisfy my addiction to the game.
he promised the updates tho ;D

elleana

Quote from: sami on April 07, 2009, 09:21:48 AM
UPDATE

Sorry guys, I've been having a fever for the last days and there hasn't been any progress .. So at the moment there's yet nothing to announce. But hopefully I will get better soon and am able to get back to work asap.

Sorry to hear that sami, hope you get well soon. Awesome game so far, keep up the good work and looking forward to the next game worlds!

olympic17111992

Will the new game world cover the same period of time?
I mean from 90s to 2005?
The only available aircraft are boeing ones and airbuses are not found easily.
Also you cannot operate the A380 as the game ends before it is justified!
The best period would be from 2000 until .....

Brockster

^ It would be a challenge though. One year later, 9/11, and rising fuel costs? It would be a lot harder than what the current timeframe was for the last 3 games.

urubu

I prefer a 19??-2009 25'/day game and option for realtime (1day/1day) monthly paid continuation for us to keep managing our airlines forever, based on real aircraft possibilities, real fuel and loan costs, real market data.
It's hard to say goodbye to our work when a game ends. There's allways so much to be done.
Maybe a single experience could tell us if this is possible, if the number of interested players could worth Sami's work to keep it running.

Runner

I remember sami saying that a 1 game time day = 1 real day couldn't be done, because of the way the system works.

petcalledros

Quote from: Runner on April 08, 2009, 07:12:37 PM
I remember sami saying that a 1 game time day = 1 real day couldn't be done, because of the way the system works.
And it would be boring! I mean, waiting 24 hours for one game day? So that means that you will have to wait 14 days for a new LEASED aircraft to be delivered and a couple of months for a new aircraft?

Runner

urubu

Just as real life. And good for those who haven't enough free time to stay all time managing.
That was just an idea.
I'd really like it. Maybe because I'm 50 and things don't have to happen all together and suddenly anymore. 8)

Runner

Well, as I sais, sami said somewhere that the system just can't deal with that. And personnaly, I'd get bored to!  ::)

Hachiko

I would be nice to have a new game started for Easter...

jagalubnan

Idea: What about awarding credits for birthdays? haha :P

thetallone24

Yeah I agree, but that's no looking very likely now  :'(

Sami

I am soon getting back to work on coding. But as the schedule has been a bit tight and I was forced to stay of bed for some days I have decided not to include the new aircraft order system to the next version as that would cause delay. So order system will be the same but for example pre-scheduling of orderered aircraft is being planned unless some major problems arise.

The next games will have numerous new features and smaller updates (all are not done yet) and you can read them from the '1.1 updates' thread, and I will continue to post info there once work progresses.

For the timeframe of the next game itself .. I can hopefully post some more exact information tomorrow (I will first have to round up the current status etc).

T8KE0FF

ARGH!! As i've been bankrupt in ALL of the game worlds i now have nothing to play  >:( :'( SO HURRY UP!!! lol..