Turkish pax number errors

Started by mertborak, August 24, 2016, 05:07:58 PM

mertborak

Hi guys, I would like to explain some game errors about the gw #2.
As you know, Turkish Airlines, Pegasus Airlines, Atlasglobal and Onur Air 64 daily flight between İstanbul Atatürk Airport and Izmir Airport. This route is the second-busiest route in Europe. So in the all game world we can see only ~200 pax for this route and ıt couldnt improve following years in the game.
We can see appx real pax number for between Barcelona and Madrid but we couldnt see same things for Turkish flights. If game wanna reach the reality ıt must rechange for all game worlds.
When you research air shuttle in Europe than you can read Wikipedia pages with real references.
Have a nice games for everyone

George Bush

It should be the busiest air pair in Europe according to this.

https://www.eurocontrol.int/sites/default/files/content/documents/official-documents/skyway/articles/2015-skyway-spring-data.pdf

10 Busiest airport pairs
Total movements % Growth on
Departure Arrival 2014 2013

Istanbul-Ataturk Izmir-Adnan Menderes 21,737 2.9%
Oslo-Gardermoen Trondheim-Vaernes 18,893 5.9%
Madrid-Barajas Barcelona-El Prat 18,482 -8.4%
Oslo-Gardermoen Bergen-Flesland 17,497 0.9%
Paris-Orly Toulouse-Blagnac 17,524 -5.4%
Istanbul-Ataturk Antalya 17,394 2.5%
Oslo-Gardermoen Stavanger-Sola 16,530 2.5%
Rome-Fiumicino Milano-Linate 16,493 -8.8%
Istanbul-Ataturk Ankara-Esenboga 16,344 3.5%
Munich Berlin-Tegel 14,641 5.7%

mertborak

Quote from: George Bush on August 25, 2016, 12:05:29 AM

https://www.eurocontrol.int/sites/default/files/content/documents/official-documents/skyway/articles/2015-skyway-spring-data.pdf

10 Busiest airport pairs

You're right Mr.Bush ;) so the game must change this error am I right? Turkish domestic aviation is one of the big aviation in Europe but we cannot see it in this game.
I wrote the this one to airwaysim but they didnt care about it

George Bush

I am sure Sami will make note of it and eventually throw that adjustment in with the next patch. Whenever that may be.

gazzz0x2z

The thing is, a complete revamp of the demand system is in the works. So correction on the current system are unlikely in the meantime.

George Bush

Quote from: gazzz0x2z on August 25, 2016, 02:06:49 PM
The thing is, a complete revamp of the demand system is in the works. So correction on the current system are unlikely in the meantime.

Yes and no the revamp has been in the works for some time, and we did just recently add a bunch of airports and other tweaks so you never know.

Johan87

Quote from: George Bush on August 25, 2016, 12:05:29 AM

10 Busiest airport pairs

I see here 3 turkish domestic routes between,so they are growing fast already.
Some things need some patiance.

I had the mistake before going to fast to quick as know what was coming but a few game years later the demand came to nice digits.

Johan87

pushed sent to quickly.

Isn´t turkish demand growing?
so be patiance,there are so many trunk routes in the world and other activities so time will come.

Jona L.

The underlying problem is that the current demand is based on data from 2006 or older (depending on airports) and calculated upwards at 5% p.a. (If I recall correctly)

As far as I am informed, there will be no changes to the demand system before city based demand which in Sami's mind (and thus far many/most people's expectations) will fix most/all of the above issues.

There are a couple of places where demand is botched, especially in markets like Turkey. Other markets are way over the top, e.g. LHR where in real life a lot of people connect. In AWS you have those passengers "double" because of the way data is processed. Not sure if Sami downsized that for connection airports by now, but last I know it hasn't been done.

So for now, we'll have to continue our wait for city based demand, to see how things are being affected :)

cheers,
Jona L.

mertborak

Quote from: Jona L. on September 17, 2016, 11:13:10 PM
The underlying problem is that the current demand is based on data from 2006 or older (depending on airports) and calculated upwards at 5% p.a. (If I recall correctly)

As far as I am informed, there will be no changes to the demand system before city based demand which in Sami's mind (and thus far many/most people's expectations) will fix most/all of the above issues.

There are a couple of places where demand is botched, especially in markets like Turkey. Other markets are way over the top, e.g. LHR where in real life a lot of people connect. In AWS you have those passengers "double" because of the way data is processed. Not sure if Sami downsized that for connection airports by now, but last I know it hasn't been done.

So for now, we'll have to continue our wait for city based demand, to see how things are being affected :)

cheers,
Jona L.

I agree with you my friend. The current total demands are 2006's value. So that Atatürk Airport little bit behind the real demand. But london are rich the 100s million passengers in the game. Atatürk must be rechange quickly. I wrote to the Sami so many times but who couldnt care about it.
Now I have a question at this point, If same error did in London Airport that time someones still do not care abou it????