Maintenance on Just Purchased Used Aircraft.

Started by 11Air, August 19, 2016, 07:58:54 AM

11Air

I can schedule for Used Aircraft, but when I'm buying a few I don't worry too much about C or D checks other than allowing in the price. I do schedule them while I wait for delivery, why not, but they then begin flying without C or D Maintenance which damages my reputation and probably some passengers.
If it's not too difficult programming could we please have:-

Add B, C or D Maintenance Checks AFTER Confirming Purchase.  With the resultant late availability for service of course but the maintenance done in my workshop rather than the Vendors.

JumboShrimp

You have an option to add C/D check on the purchase screen.  So maintenance is done and then the delivery takes place.

So you are asking to reverse this, to have the aircraft delivered and them the maintenance would be done?

Matt Elphick

you can do maintenance either before delivery although it will create a longer delivery time or you can schedule it and complete it when it arrives in your fleet. It is the same cost regardless of when you do it so it is whenever is easier for you

JumboShrimp

If you want to schedule the aircraft as early as possible, you would want the earliest possible delivery.  But you will be paying staff for all those extra days.

Getting the maintenance done from the UM order screen just means you don't have to be sitting there at the computer watching for its delivery, it gets done with no time lost.

schro

A/B checks are considered done on delivery. Chances are you aren't buying a plane with an expired C/D check, so what's the problem? It has no impact as long as it's not expired.

Matt Elphick

The only time it is necessary is if the D check is going to expire in under 2 years when it would be worth doing it on delivery because then you don't lost the plane for 3 months later and lose all its slots

schro

Quote from: Matt Elphick on August 20, 2016, 08:08:09 AM
The only time it is necessary is if the D check is going to expire in under 2 years when it would be worth doing it on delivery because then you don't lost the plane for 3 months later and lose all its slots

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense whatsoever. It is not rational to incur a large expense before it is required to do so. Whether you check it on delivery or later, it will still be out of your use for the same amount of time. You also do not lose slots for planes that are in C/D checks, so I'm not sure why that would be a concern either...