Non-daily flights

Started by Virtuoso, August 05, 2016, 03:39:57 PM

Virtuoso

I was wondering, how is the daily demand distributed when you fly for example only days 1-3-5--. Does the demand from days 2,4,6,7 move to some extent to the days that the flight is operated or not?

The reason I am asking is that in case the demand is for example ca 50-60 pax per day and I have a plane with 100 seats, can I make it work if I only fly the route for example 3 times a week?

schro

It does not reallocate like that.

I think it has been contemplated as a potential future enhancement, but at this point, a day's demand won't boogie to another day.

Virtuoso

Hmmm, okay. So basically, you fly min 7 times a week or there is no point of flying at all.

Snidson

This is a feature that I truly miss, as it would open up to new type of airlines like leisure/holiday type airlines (TUI, Thomas Cook) on thinner routes that cannot be flown without larger aircraft.

gazzz0x2z

Quote from: Nicsnid on August 07, 2016, 06:11:58 PM
This is a feature that I truly miss, as it would open up to new type of airlines like leisure/holiday type airlines (TUI, Thomas Cook) on thinner routes that cannot be flown without larger aircraft.

Or typically an Airport like Grenoble, where IRL 65% of traffic(french domestic and not far international, mainly) flies on saturdays, and 30% on sundays.

Though I guess it's for after city-based demand.

Matt Elphick

following on, is it possible to have a flight on all days except Saturday and Sunday. For example we often fly to france for a few days and flights are Monday through to Friday at different times. The planes are always full or if not full at least 90% load factor. Can this work in airway sim?

11Air

Requested elsewhere I believe.  I'd like to see 30%? of unmet demand moving to the day before, or after, and another 30% moving to the nearest available airport as I feel this reflects real world much more closely.  After all we don't choose not to fly, just go when there's a cheap flight to take us.

yearofthecactus

Quote from: Matt Elphick on August 08, 2016, 04:30:30 PM
following on, is it possible to have a flight on all days except Saturday and Sunday. For example we often fly to france for a few days and flights are Monday through to Friday at different times. The planes are always full or if not full at least 90% load factor. Can this work in airway sim?

Well it's possible to have a flight when you want it. It is modeled on the game already, to the point weekend demand is usually significantly lower than weekday.

Before I started 7 day scheduling, I used to fly one route per plane on a Saturday/Sunday off basis to get the maintenance in.